collant feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collant feed

I have a collant pump with hoses and valves. I have mounted it on the carriage but I am not sure this is the best place to be mounted too. The hoses that feed the coolant are 1/4 I.D. rubber. They seem to always get in the way of the tail stock and seem some what heavy. How does anyone else have there coolant setup mounted? Mine is on a 13 inch x 40 inch manual lathe.

Carriage

I think the carriage would be the best place, so your coolant nozzle will move with your tool. Try mounting it on the back side so your hose will be going down into the chip tray.
    Visit my site for machinist videos free charts & more

Machinist Classifieds Free Listing

Comment

yea try mounting the hoses so they hang down behind the lathe. theres several things you can make to insure the hoses never tangle up, but likey just suspending it from above will prevent it from ever tangleing, or just leaving a little 'U' loop behind the lathe and tie the hose to the wall just behind the lathe.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

There is a guard on the back side of the lathe, I have the hose hanging over it. The hose I am using is very stiff, I think it was a air line hose. Thanks for the replys.

Comment

I don't understand how the hose can be interfering with the tailstock if it's hanging over the back guard of the lathe.

I suggest you buy a more flexable rubber hose with metal shielding on it to protect it from chips and possibly clamping it to the back shield so it allows full travel of the carriage but can't move around on the back shield.
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

Like most I've seen, mine's bolted to the back of the carriage. The rubber hose from the pump terminate on a valve (for volume adjustment) and goes to a segmented "goose neck". The nozzle can be postioned anywhere with a couple of feet.

Comment

Working...
            X