Angle Plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle Plate?

I'm not sure what it was called but I thought I saw it in one of the mags. I've tried looking through back issues and searching here but to no avail. Probably looking for the wrong thing.

Anyway, what it was was a plate that had holes drilled in it at various locations that you could insert pins into and put the stock against to get almost any degree to machine angles when held in a vise.

Does this ring a bell with anybody out there? If so, can you direct me to this issue?

Thanks

TS

I think what you are describing is shown at the end of this video:

http://glacern.com/index.php?page=vi...course_mill_05

Comment

It's a sine plate. There are a bunch of different variations, I have one where the holes are drilled into a Kurt vise jaw, and by picking different pivot points, you can get any angle within a degree.

I think Wes (?) had a similar one in a recent HSM Magazine.
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Thanks DP .. I think the one Lazlo mentioned is what I'm looking for. I know it wasn't too long ago that I saw it. I just cant remember what issue it was in.

Comment

Take a look at http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=35804 and scroll down to the pictures. Could that be what you're thinking of?

JCav

Comment

I did some more digging and found what I was looking for. It is in the summer 2007 issue of The Digital Machinist, pg 28.

JCavalry:
            That idea looks interesting as well.

Thanks all

TS

Comment

I suspect you were looking for a ParaSine:

Is this correct? Unfortunately, it appears that the company that made these, Sparro Machine Products, is no longer in business.
              Last edited by SpyGuy; 02-20-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X