X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audrey
    • Sep 2002

conveyor belting?

I need to finfd out if there is a Disposable or cheap type of Plastic conveyor belting available?It would be replaced every month or so. The conveyor would be 3 feet wide and thirty two feet long. It would run daily for about Ten Minutes and thats all. Any Ideas Guys??? Audrey
  • winchman
    • Aug 2003

What's the load?
    How far apart are the rollers spaced?
    Will the belt be flat, or V-shaped?
    How fast will it be running?
    Is the material abrasive?
    Will it be exposed to sunlight?
    Can it be two 18" belts running side by side?
    Does it go up or down hill?

If you live close to some kind of mill, you might be able to get used belting. I got some free about fifteen years ago from a cement plant. I've used it for walkways, trailer bed covering, and to cover the ground under a load of gravel.

Roger
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

• Alistair Hosie
      • Aug 2002

Audrey my dear I think you should keep your eyes open for auctions or contact auction houses about this.Very often conveyors are dedicated and shaped for one purpose and are not even sold at the end of an auction so you could get what you want for peanuts(metaphorically speaking).Phone a few and ask.Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

• Joel
        • Jun 2001

I have some replacement material for the belts on home treadmills that comes in long rolls, and is very tough stuff. Might be worth considering if you can find some on ebay or can't find the right stuff for some reason. You could call a repair company or mfg. and compare pricing to conveyor belting if you are unable to find it surplus.

Comment

• WJHartson
          • Oct 2002

Audrey,

If you are only going to run the conveyor for ten minutes a day and move the material 32' a belt conveyor will be very expensive especially if you want to change the belt every month. Think I would look at some other way to move the material. Maybe use a fork truck to move a pan with the material in it. You could use the forktruck for lots of other things.

If you have never worked with a belt conveyor there is a lot to know about them. How to train the belt to run straight and make belt splices are just a couple of them.

Good luck with whatever you are doing.

Joe

Comment

• wierdscience
            • Jan 2003

Get yourself a catalog/engineering handbook from Martin sprocket,it has loads of info on conveyors.

Jt is right there is lots to know about belt conveyors,if possible the way I would do it would be with a screw conveyor running in a trough.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
            X