member classification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• member classification

I noticed that some members are shown as senior members and others as just members. what is the difference?

I believe it has to do with the number of posts. I think its 100 to become and old guy. Then there is Evan and John :-)

Comment

Then there is Evan and John :-)
      Who we interchangeably call "crusty" and "cranky"

...or was it "Doc" & "Sneezy" ?

just noticed: I'm a Senior. I thought I was laying low. Must have been doing so for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrone shewlaces
        Who we interchangeably call "crusty" and "cranky"

...or was it "Doc" & "Sneezy" ?
        Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Being a "senior member" means you've wasted more time posting here, and that much less doing what the site is about!

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

the classification for the vast majority here should "good guy, trying to learn" with the occasional "good guy, really knows what he's doing"...i'm in the former.....well in the trying to learn part, i'm not always good. Being that its the internet, there's also a peppering of kooks, nutbars, emotionally needy, asswipes, posers and wannabes to be on the lookout for.

to liven things up, I propose the software be modified so that each of the above classifications appears by each members name....other members can click to vote, whatever one gets the most votes becomes that persons classification.

what would yours be or did i miss some catagories?
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Senior members have spent too much shop time behind their keyboard

Comment

other members can click to vote, whatever one gets the most votes becomes that persons classification.
                Turn it around. Which ever one YOU assign to others becomes your classification.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                  Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year.
                  yer welcome Johnny.
                  The nicest thing people do for me is to not say what they want to say about me, so thank you as well for not saying so.

Comment

Is it true that Evan and John were posting on this site long before electricity was invented?
                    No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by saltmine
                      Is it true that Evan and John were posting on this site long before electricity was invented?
                      But they were clever and inventive back then as well. They had the local kids pedaling a bike which was hooked up to a generator. The generator ran to the typewriter which was connected to the phone line.
                      And we think we have it hard these days.
                      Davo

Comment

Well, at least they made use of the local labor.

My last computer wasn't even coal fired, it was a wood burning model. I had to get up early, gather firewood, and wait an hour for it to get up a good head of steam before I could log on. I think the manufacturer's name was Burroughs. (or was that Brabbage?)

Jules Verne used a newer model.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Yes, it was just a book in the library than.
                          Andy

Comment

while on this subject , Some people can post attachments but others, myself included can't. Does anyone know the reason for that?
                            bollie7

Comment

You will need somewhere to host you photos. I use Glacern as they are advertising on here.The instructions are on there as well.
                              http://www.glacern.net/
                              You can also use photo bucket.
                              Davo

Comment

Working...
                              X