• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own CNC mill on the cheap

Kind of funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drMZqmyXQc
    Andy

That is a great way to get started with CNC.
    Outback
    So much to learn, so little time

Comment

That is excellent. All you need then is my improved version of the cheap driver board(s) that I am working on.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

One of the most easy and useful ways to get into CNC is to convert a rotary table to stepper drive.
        Teaches you about motors, drivers and a bit of software but is still a useful bit of kit even if only used on manual machines.

All these rings were drilled on a 6" vertex set up this way on the manual POS Bridgeport, so quick and easy with far less chance of a mistake, probably half hours work to drill 144 accurate holes.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

i seen that video several times its pretty neat and a good start at cnc might only do light stuff but its a good start either way ,,

Comment

Cheap is good for starting out and crashing tools. lol

I am very inspired by Evan and his mill. Some day way later on in life I would like to undertake building a mill or something of the sort. I love the pride and pleasure of building my own tools and equipment whenever I can.
            Andy

Comment

The next step:

Outback
              So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Working...
              X