Motor prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor prices

Hi, What kinda price should I expect to pay for a 2hp 3phase motor for a mill or lathe? (in canada, BC, but elsewhere in canada would be helpful)

both low end chinese prices (after s/h) and middle grade prices would be helpful.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Brand new Italian about £80 in the UK, about $125 to $130 US.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Used motors : Search the Seattle area (or your Vancouver area) Craigslist - set up an RSS feed to email you "motors". I don't pay more than $50 for a used 2hp decent brand.... Often a little exterior rust will knock that down to $10. Heck, I recently swapped my Chinese 2hp single phase for and "as new" Baldor 182T 3hp 3 phase, and he paid me another $25...

Retail number are stupid - just there to let "distributors" show a big discount, or to snare the unwary. Pricing - look on the web at the usual suspects, and search ebay - many new or used motors sell for 10 -20% of "retail".

Most motors you'll find are a standard IEC or NEMA size. However... you don't specify what frame you want. Many mills are not standard frames... like BP...

Comment

Don't forgert ebay. I got a new 2hp industrial duty Siemens several years ago for $70. Most people can't use 3-phase motors, so they tend to appear on ebay with regularity.

RWO

Comment

What Italian Motor do you have in mind John?Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

If I buy Italian they are usually Fimec, however some of the importers buy in bulk and get their own plates fitted with the company name on them.

If you want a 2hp email me because I think I still have a few new old stock motors from when we built the ink mixers.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I was quoted about $200.00 here in Ottawa last week for a Leeson. Fortunately I was given a brand new A.O.Smith in exchange for 400 lbs of shot. Duffy
              Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Working...
              X