Here's a really cool planer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a really cool planer

It's a G. A. Gray double column planer, capacity 26" wide x 90" long x 36" high Powered by 10hp 480volt 3phase motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2566852293

Just the thing I need for making toboggans from billet. I'll take two. It's snowing here. Only one problem, the railway doesn't run close to my shop.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Wow I can't open anything this morning, must be the weather, it really sucks up here today.

------------------
      Paul G.
      Paul G.

Comment

I understand that planers of this type are not in vogue these days. When did Gray and other manufacturers of these types of machines quit making them? Are there any planers still made using a fixed tool arrangement? In China? Just wonderin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forrest Addy:
        It's a G. A. Gray double column planer, capacity 26" wide x 90" long x 36" high Powered by 10hp 480volt 3phase motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2566852293
        </font>

Comment

Quite a bit smaller than the ones I used to run at work, and the were of the single column style. Excellent machines, got the gnarliest chip I ever cut off of them,(I still got it) stroking with a BIG HSS tool.
          Smitty.... Ride Hard, Die Fast

Comment

There is a place near me that I have work done at on occasion. Thry have a planer that I could almost walk under the gantry. It does not get used much. Seems as tough a fellow running it once accidently hit the double in feed setting on a stroke and ended up with a 16 oz. chip. Now thats metal removal! It makes my little 7" shaper jealous.
            Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Working...
            X