What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
    There is no need to quote all the images...

Fixed it like this:

Now that the seat is out I might be able to assess the overall condition of the cab and mount the "new" seats properly. The old seat had dropped down noticeably, and could be considered a "low rider"... ; )
    Fixed it with a regular eyebolt, not a forged eyebolt? That eye will deform and possibly open when stressed. Since you probably don't have a passenger in the truck, why not swap your "repair" over to the passenger side?

Why does the carpet and steel floor of the cab appear so wet?

Comment

• how do you rust the inside of the car?
      san jose, ca. usa

Comment

• Salt water soaked floor mats. Just another day in the rust belt.

Amazing the amount of damage caused by salt, not only to vehicles but to infrastructure like roads, sidewalks and bridges never mind environmental damage. Hard to place an accurate figure on it but I'm sure it ranges in the many billions annually in North America.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy View Post
          Salt water soaked floor mats. Just another day in the rust belt.

Amazing the amount of damage caused by salt, not only to vehicles but to infrastructure like roads, sidewalks and bridges never mind environmental damage. Hard to place an accurate figure on it but I'm sure it ranges in the many billions annually in North America.
          It funny you mention the corrosion thing,I making some Patchs for Grain Trailers that are Aluminium slopes on each end.Where there a crossmember slop gets in between and eats it away.The Varnamo on light duty today,just being a support stand while I drill 130 holes.

Comment

• that drill press is magnificient
            san jose, ca. usa

Comment

• It used to be, back in the day--the first thing you had to do when you bought an old car was to pop-rivet a bunch of tin into the floors which had rotted out. Then you had to take it to the license bureau and show them before you could get new plates.--they even made you tar the seams.---Brian
              Brian Rupnow
              Design engineer
              Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• I've never seen anything as bad as the Toyota or Saturn pics here. Do you frequently wash them inside and out with salt water?

Comment

• Originally posted by gambler View Post
                  that drill press is magnificient
                  Thanks Gambler not to sound like a smart^$$ but the machine functions better than it looks,the power elevavation for Table&Head is extremely handy.Having all controls up front where all the action takes place makes it dream to use.Was just using my Lathe Chuck contraption on the table for drilling and tapping some hubs on end very happy with that.Was glad I was able to get this Classic old cast iron before went it got turned in razor blades at Scrap Yard!

Comment

• I could fill this page with rust/corrosion repairs/replacement/scrap I've dealt with over the years, but I am only allowed 4 pics.

Andy

Comment

• The Saturn was the worst I have experienced, but frame rust was the reason for getting rid of two Econoline vans, a 1982 Toyota LB Pickup, and a 1986 Isuzu Trooper. The bumper on my present 1989 Toyota was the first thing to rust:

I used an angle grinder to clean up the outer frame of the bumper, which was not so badly rusted,

I was going to mount the trailer hitch but I don't think the repaired bumper is strong enough to pull a trailer safely:
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Don't you chaps have annual safety inspections for vehicles?
                        Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
                          Don't you chaps have annual safety inspections for vehicles?
                          It goes by state. Some have inspections, some don't. Some have a one time inspection upon the vehicle entering legal residence in the state and then nothing afterwards.

There is a argument that says the inspection companies have a conflict of interest.

The reverse argument is obvious, to keep vehicles like the structurally unsound ones in this thread off the road

I have lived in both conditions. There are positive and negative aspects to each condition..
                          Bill Pendergrass
                          Rotec RM-1 w/Rusnok head
                          Atlas TH42 QC10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
                            Don't you chaps have annual safety inspections for vehicles?
                            Even in my country, having annual safety inspections is a bit questionable. We see some vehicles on the road that visibly wouldn't pass an inspection but some shops offer to take your vehicle themselves to the inspection and, for a "fee" they guarantee a pass.
                            Helder Ferreira
                            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

• We have safety and emissions inspections. every year, or two years, your option, as a condition of renewing the license plates.

They are corrupt.

The law says that tail lights must show the required color, that they may not show any white light if they are intended to be color, and that they cannot be repaired with tape. Pretty much laid out what is needed, and it is not a complex requirement.

But the inspectors I took one car to last time would not accept a perfectly sound glued repair, which met all the conditions in the law. They required a full replacement of the entire assembly, which the law did not require. It's a matter of who does the inspection, the law is not enforced evenly everywhere. Some inspectors hold older cars to a higher standard, some do the opposite.
                              3313 5160 4357 4344 3174 9120

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Birds are NOT real, they are spying on you

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                                But the inspectors I took one car to last time would not accept a perfectly sound glued repair, which met all the conditions in the law.
                                If they could actually tell it was glued, it must have been one hell of an eye catching job...

Comment

Working...
                                X