No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished sorting and labeling all of my taps. This corner of the shop is getting very exciting

Full image of taps: http://www.bbssystem.com/pictures/taps_full.jpg

Last edited by ; 01-22-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Been in Hong Kong the past four days. 13 hours ahead of East coast time, so my day is starting as I type this. Going for a walk, a few mile walk, looking to explore some place new.

Comment

• So, 3PL, do you have a road map to guide you through all your Meg-a-bins, so you can find what you want or need or is all this for show?

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
        Oregon Coast

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut View Post
          So, 3PL, do you have a road map to guide you through all your Meg-a-bins, so you can find what you want or need or is all this for show?
          No road map needed now. I can now easily find any hardware, any taps, and any drill bits <= 1/2". I still have to sort/label my endmills, reamers, large drill bits, and Helicoils. It's also forcing me to go through everything I have. I learned a lot about the different types of taps.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
            Yep, looks like they cheated their way in again. I wonder what is cost them to buy-off the refs?

That was soooooo bad of a no-call. Even my mom wondered why they didn't call interference. And she is not a fan of football.
            I think you were watching the wrong type of football game. I'm not sure what soccer gave you guys were watching.

We will grab the superbowl again. Got an issue? Get yourself a tissue.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
              I finished sorting and labeling all of my taps. This corner of the shop is getting very exciting

Full image of taps: http://www.bbssystem.com/pictures/taps_full.jpg

Think you might want some thread mills

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                Think you might want some thread mills
                I probably have a bunch. I'll be going through all of my endmills next.

Comment

• When you gonna start USING thet thar shop? You've been setting it up for months now....

I'm trying to re-arrange mine, but meanwhile it is getting used.
                  4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    When you gonna start USING thet thar shop? You've been setting it up for months now....

I'm trying to re-arrange mine, but meanwhile it is getting used.
                    Snarky.

Be thankful that anyone can post whatever they want (almost) without some censor presiding over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      I finished sorting and labeling all of my taps. This corner of the shop is getting very exciting

Exciting?

Man, my dynamic and fun loving side needs a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
                        Snarky.

Be thankful that anyone can post whatever they want (almost) without some censor presiding over it.
                        Not snarky at all...... why would you think that? (Not that being a little snarky would be a problem in this particular case....)

Some folks shop hobby is almost more about building it just the way they want it, and don't start really using it until then....sometimes completion leaves them at a loss for the moment. Others use shops many of us might consider to be dingy holes, because they do not want to bother setting up a better one and would rather get down to business.

I fall in between, I sorta let mine set itself up anyhow it happened to go as I got more machines, but have got to the point now that some re-arrangement and expansion is needed. I guess I am more in the "get down to business" camp. I'd stiill have hardware mixed in tubs if my wife had not gotten bored some years ago and sorted it all out (very competently) into a set of drawers. Everything from #6 up to 1/2".
                        4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Made a set of soft jaws for the drill press vise. I know, this is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                            Not snarky at all......
                            eh, it was a bit, but deserved. How many bin photos can you see before lashing out?
                            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

• Made a tailite to fit a Studebaker lens I had and a mount to fit a 54 Panhead

Comment

• Cool I want to see that light..

If you keep buying stuff faster than you can store it you can always work on storage solutions, and then your machines will stay clean...

Comment

Working...
                                X