No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or you could use tapatalk on your smart phone and that is very easy to post pics
    san jose, ca. usa

Comment

• Originally posted by gambler View Post
      or you could use tapatalk on your smart phone and that is very easy to post pics
      After what PB did, I don't trust anybody now. I'm certainly not going to install an App to use a webpage--On my PC or phone.

I'm starting to see web-scat from a few pages now saying I need to "upgrade" to a Google spy program or Micro$ucks data harvester. Not much of a choice. If a page can't use HTML, I don't need it. They are certainly NOT improving my web experience.

Comment

• I had 2 hrs off so I moved the planer /jointer into the woodshop and started assembling

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• So, how were you able to post five images?
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
            So, how were you able to post five images?
            https://postimages.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
              Made a set of soft jaws for the drill press vise. I know, this is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I don’t think so. Maybe you need to drill in a bar, bolt, or other round item That you don’t want to scar up and the hole doesn’t need to be within .001

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• I posted this video Monday, a little background. A while back one of the subscribers to my YouTube channel who also does videos, needed a part for a Lisle drill sharpener he purchased, his shop was down so he couldn’t machine it. I agreed to help, he had drawings of the part a casting that I was making out of billet. I needed the casting dimensions, so I emailed Mr Pete and he measured his and sent them to me via email.

I decided to make a custom speed handle like my personal one. So I did but it was for the 6” Kurt. So I went back made the proper size 9/16 for the 5” Kurt and a square one also. To do a lot of my titles & descriptions I keep word files so spell check got me on the title oh well to late.

If you wish check it out.

https://youtu.be/o85rSTPD3eQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for posting this. I have a similar vise and there is a gap below the jaws which can cause problems with thin material. Never thought of putting lipstick on my pig to improve things!

Michael
                  Michael

Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by miker View Post
                    Thanks for posting this. I have a similar vise and there is a gap below the jaws which can cause problems with thin material. Never thought of putting lipstick on my pig to improve things!

Michael
                    That "gap" was the reason for the soft jaws! Why did they design the vise this way? Where they too cheap to add bigger jaws? Thanks!!

Comment

• Postimage

Easy to use
                      Direct linking
                      Free
                      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy View Post
                        Love to see the light, and the bike it's on or going to be on.
                        chop cult,,american bikes

Comment

• Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
                          I had 2 hrs off so I moved the planer /jointer into the woodshop and started assembling
                          That's a really sweet machine! I love how they set that up. I have a tiny 15" planer (Grizzly G0453) and tiny 8" jointer (Grizzly G0490) but did opt for the spiral head w/inserts like you have.

Comment

• I've always liked those euro style combination units too. I've got a 6" delta jointer, and 13" delta lunchbox planer, but many times wish I had the jointer width to match. If I ever get serious about woodworking again I'd upgrade to one of those right off the bat.

Comment

• I was torn on the segmented cutter head. I’ve read a lot of positive reviews about it and essentially grain direction doesn’t matter.
                              The inserts can be changed or turned 90° at a time thus giving you 4 cutting surfaces per insert.

However the Trueset Knives are really easy to change and set and sharpen. In addition the 72 inserts are proprietary (and we all know what that is like)

The company willingly through in 72 additional cutters to complete the sale. That made the decision simple

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubbard View Post
                                chop cult,,american bikes
                                It's a big site.
                                Can you give me a link to the right page?
                                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                                X