What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    Yesterday installed a Nest thermostat, and have more smart switches to install. My house can be controlled via voice. So nice not having to get up to flip a switch or change the temp.

Putin just turned off your heat.

Comment

• Today my cold saw arrived via Amazon delivery.I was a little surprised for two reasons:

1) It was ordered Saturday night and was supposed to be here Wednesday (two more days)

2) It arrived in an Enterprise Rental 20 - 30 foot box van,

I've unboxed it but now I need to get a stand for it. Raining and hailing, and it's 20 miles to the nearest Harbor Freight. Hmmm.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• Nice! Maybe you could use the saw to build its own stand?
        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
          Nice! Maybe you could use the saw to build its own stand?
          I was afraid someone would say that. I have enough metal stock to build one. I still feel crappy from a bout of the flu but now I'll spend the next few days thinking of how I'd design it.
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• I finished off insulating my garage roof and started installation of the cable trays for the new 6mm power cables, telephone & data cables.
            If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by danlb View Post
              I was afraid someone would say that. I have enough metal stock to build one. I still feel crappy from a bout of the flu but now I'll spend the next few days thinking of how I'd design it.
              Its a 100 below zero in buffalo, invite ncf over and the two of you can knock one out in a day.
              san jose, ca. usa

Comment

• Originally posted by nc5a View Post
                I machined these screws a couple days ago................
                What a coincidence! Just a short while back I made the exact same screw for a friend to replace one in a vise he had that wasn't original and was pooched. I cheated and modified a grade 8 bolt. Getting the angle of the taper right was the toughest part. I just eyeballed it with the help of my Starrett bevel protractor and managed to get it almost perfect when compared to an original screw.

Comment

• I took a load to the scrap yard today. Buy prices were 5 cents a pound for steel and 30 cents a pound for aluminum.

Comment

• 5c - damn, more like 1c here.

I was snowed in so spent the day machining special fixtures for work... yay... a paid day on the shop instead of grinding away in the office

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
                      I took a load to the scrap yard today. Buy prices were 5 cents a pound for steel and 30 cents a pound for aluminum.
                      Steel's up?

Last time I took in any, I "only" had about 300lb of iron/steel. If I had had 400lb, I could have gotten 1 cent a lb. They didn't even want what I had. I had to give it to them just to get rid of it, and they hardly wanted it then.

They were all over the old motors and copper pipe scrap, though.

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

• A friend gave me what he thought was a heater that had broken but still worked and just needed to be put back together, However, I found that it is actually an oscillating tower fan, and might be difficult to fix, although perhaps would be an interesting machining project. Otherwise, maybe I can come up with some way to repurpose it or use some of the parts:

I found a manual for it:
                        https://www.honeywellstore.com/store...-tower-fan.pdf

A similar unit is $55 at Target:
                        https://www.target.com/p/12110208-ho...g/-/A-12110208

http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• I made 1.2 Imperial gallons of delicious beef stew.

Comment

• For lunch, I made an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy, but then realized we only have honey ham, so it's actually an open faced ham sandwich with gravy.. It will still good

Comment

• Staying in where it's warm working on Snowbike today,was -44c here this morning.

Comment

• It's a balmy 62 degrees over here right now Clear blue skies.. An absolutely perfect day in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X