No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not wealthy, but my union did negotiate business class travel on anything outside the 48 beyond 3 hours in length...
    First class on Delta, from LAX to Honolulu

And for record, I rate Delta the best airline in the USA. American business class is #2, but only if business class.

Last edited by RB211; 02-27-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=RB211;1225848]I'm not wealthy, but my union did negotiate business class travel on anything outside the 48 beyond 3 hours in length...

And for record, I rate Delta the best airline in the USA. American business class is #2, but only if business class.

you have lovely hands

Comment

• I'm with you on Delta... I'm an old Million Mile club member. Going to use them next week for a 1 day boomerang flight - Seattle to DC and back for a day.. urgh..

Comment

• I did a short one of those ROC-Natonal-ROC a month ago . First flight out in the morning, last flight in at night. 2 1/2 late.

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            I'm not wealthy, but my union did negotiate business class travel on anything outside the 48 beyond 3 hours in length...

I like first class on Delta too.

Comment

• Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
              It happens sometimes,failure during quench.One of the studs cracked in the quench,gotta make another one and heat treat it.Probably should have used oil for the quench,but lesson learned.Hard to see in the picture,but the crack runs across the minor diameter to the mid-point and then axialy about 1/4".
              I take it those are the T bolts you made ?
              Not sure I would have heat treated them.. always good to do a test piece first..

Comment

• broke down a burned up 4l30e out of a bmw. I smelled bad till I showered.

Comment

• I didn't realize that BMW used those. Are they built by GM and sent over or do they build there them under license from GM? I guess come to think of it BMW probably has a plant stateside in all likelihood.
                  Yeah that stuff does get smelly when toasted doesn't it.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• I was going to say they probably come out of Mexico but according to Wikki, they're build in Strasbourg, France. Who would have guessed?

I've rebuilt TH-350s in my hot rod past. Burned oil and clutches smell bad from any transmission.

Comment

• Originally posted by 754 View Post
                      I take it those are the T bolts you made ?
                      Not sure I would have heat treated them.. always good to do a test piece first..
                      Just one of the four,the other three are just fine.This isn't my first rodeo,mistake was quenching the T-bolts in water.The cross section was a tad too thin for that,Oil would have had no issues.These needed to be heat treated,this isn't a small machine,the soft bolts that were in there were yielding.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Water quench? Some folks say its too aggressive and causes stresses? Dunno.

Thanks for sharing. JR
                        Depends on cross section,thinner cross sections are best done in oil,thicker in water.The tool post nuts did fine,the bolt cracked right where I thought they might.
                        I think I'm going to heat treat the new one quenching in oil and run all four through temper again,but at 1100F to see If I can't draw them down a bit.It kinda sucks having a good furnace,but no hardness tester.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• [QUOTE=gambler;1225857]
                          Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                          I'm not wealthy, but my union did negotiate business class travel on anything outside the 48 beyond 3 hours in length...

you have lovely hands
                          Yeah, no greasy, black, broken fingernails.
                          Obviously not his hands....

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy View Post
                            I didn't realize that BMW used those. Are they built by GM and sent over or do they build there them under license from GM? I guess come to think of it BMW probably has a plant stateside in all likelihood.
                            Yeah that stuff does get smelly when toasted doesn't it.
                            french made! gm design.

Comment

• Caught a huge fish... Probably the worlds largest too

Comment

• Lighten up man, why you so rigid in that photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X