What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
    That's gotta be the wrong blade or something. Pushing that saw around the shop like that is dangerous. If it's not cutting, don't push it. My Craftsman will cut a piece of aluminum that size in about 10 seconds or less. It's a hungry son of a gun. I use it for wood and aluminum. My new Wen chinesium metal band saw would cut that 3/16 piece in less than a minute. I cut a piece of 1/2 x 2" flat in about 3 minutes. Cut a piece off a 1 x 1" in about the same amount of time. I'm running a bi-metal 8/12 blade at 120fpm with mister coolant. I might try a 6/10 blade if I can find one. Or just run the 8/12 faster.
    It’s a 10/12 blade, also the saw is set for a speed for steel, also I’m kind of learning how hard to push the saw and where to place it. As I’ve said all along this saw is to fill a need without breaking the bank and be able to move about the shop. Plus the saw is a bit under powered. The motor is off a washing machine. It came with the saw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
      They look lovely....but you lost everyone when paired the with Brussel sprouts!
      I'm not crazy about vegetables, but I don't mind (and often enjoy) broccoli, green beans, or brussel sprouts when they are served in a butter sauce... Especially on the side with a nice aged rib eye

Comment

• It looks like it works as well or better than my $50 Atlas H/V bandsaw. For sure the table is bigger, which is the worst thing about the H/V, the table is too small, and the saw too low when set up vertical. But it is on a portable stand with wheels, they are just not on the floor when the saw is set up, you have to tilt the stand to roll it around.

None of the smaller bandsaws cut very fast. You need a big DoAll to get a reasonable speed in anything fairly thick.

Originally posted by Cenedd View Post

You have not had good ones.... They are nearly always bad tasting, with what I would call a bitter "iron" taste. But I have had very good Brussels sprouts, I just do not know what was different about them as far as how they were cooked, etc.
        Last edited by J Tiers; 03-01-2019, 10:39 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
          I'm not crazy about vegetables, but I don't mind (and often enjoy) broccoli, green beans, or brussel sprouts when they are served in a butter sauce... Especially on the side with a nice aged rib eye
          What did your Mother tell you about eating your vegetables?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
            What did your Mother tell you about eating your vegetables?
            I don't recall exactly...but it was something along the lines of "Good lord child! What did I do wrong to deserve you?!”

Comment

• Brussels sprouts, when cooked as usually done, are dangerously close to "punishment food".

When my mother was ticked at my father and I, she might serve something we hated, like over cooked sliced zucchini in butter. It's not bad stuff if stir fried, but I cannot take it in butter, especially overcooked to nearly a mush. There were other similar "punishment foods", but that one sticks out in my mind.

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

• Halve them, toss into large pyrex, drench in olive oil, salt liberally, squeeze half a lemon over them into oven 420f minimum. . Food of the gods.

Comment

• Better yet; feed 'em to a pig and eat the pig.
                  Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                  http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

• Originally posted by mklotz View Post
                    Better yet; feed 'em to a pig and eat the pig.
                    Butcher a pig, smoke it's belly, slice that up and cook it with the sprouts in garlic butter. Mmmm.

Comment

• Every day I make something, even if it is only a woodworking chisel handle. Today I made a chip guard for the metal lathe. Drilled and tapped for 6-32 screws.
                      Everyday I eat a low Carbohydrate diet.
                      Every day I go for a 45 minute hike in the woods.
                      Twice a week I help take care of the grandkids.
                      There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
                      The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post

Hahaaa. Yer right, most folks dont like the sprouts. I never did till I learned how to cook them.

Stem and cut in half. Toss with salt, pepper and olive oil in a bowl. Broil on a sheet pan, cut side up for 20 minutes. Yum. JR
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

• I wish I took a picture of the corn beef hash I fried up this morning. It was delicious.

EDIT: I did take a picture of lunch from the other day: Spam burgers with sharp cheddar

Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; 03-01-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• I have always liked Brussels sprouts - as a kid I called them little cabbages - and also broccoli, which I called "little trees". I like most veggies, except turnips. And I'm not particularly fond of raw tomatoes or cucumbers.
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Originally posted by gambler View Post

Yeah, no greasy, black, broken fingernails.
                              Obviously not his hands....
                              Aye, it's hard to get them all dirty and cut up when you live two seperate and completely different lives each month. The 747 yoke is so smooth, no metal chips or grease in the cockpit anywhere.
                              Last edited by RB211; 03-01-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Heading to the land with my 2yo border and 6 month old aussie we just got.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X