No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished the Copper Flowers that I have been making for my wife's garden club raffle. You might remember some time back that I mentioned I had bought two 3ft X 10ft sheets of copper. someone suggested I would be making a still. No still but I have been developing some copper flowers. Lots of trial and errors.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
    Oregon Coast

Comment

• Wow! Those are nice! We won't suspend your man-card for those since they're metal.

I hope the other half appreciates the effort making those. They look complicated.

Comment

• Very impressive lugnut !

Replaced the screen on my iPad (replacement had cracked) and took the girls and the dog for a walk. If I can get my ar$e off the couch I'll do some more work on the bike rack.

Comment

• Indeed, lugnut. Very impressive!

Comment

• Disassembled the Briggs to find what is causing the piston to be so tight. Turns put the bore is worn a few thou, the top rings are OK, piston is about 15 thou under bore size, which seems correct, but the oil control ring is one tight little guy. I think there is something way wrong there, the backup spring seems way too stiff.

Got that done, ans spent the rest of the day getting a lot of potted miscellaneous bushes and Hostas prettied up for the annual sale. There is a local organization I work with that maintains something like 300 public space gardens around town, and they have an annual sale of donated plants to raise money.

There are a well meaning collection of volunteers who pot the plants, but some of them are hard pressed to get them green side up, let alone getting the crown of the plant at the right place relative to the dirt level. The plants need some attention to get them to look as genuinely thriving as they are, but today I had to repot about 30% of what I cleaned up. No more shop work for this geezer today, I'm beat.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

• My buddy make plants from copper and stainless, leaves bigger than a loaf of bread, 4 ft high..
              I am trying to get him to try tinning part of the copper to get some contrast.... maybe even silver raindrops would be cool..
              Just a thought , but he is considering it.l

Comment

• Today I went and found some mirror polished stainless to continue my experiments. Repaired a bass drum, imbibed a beer which found me sticking around to the end of acoustic jam night at the pub, mounting a safety tab to hold a signboard in check, and mounting a metal sign advertising a brand of beer. The drinking part was fun, the rest was the most fulfilling-
                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

• Nice job Lugnut. The kids want to make a copper rose for mum for mothers day. I don't think it will turn out as nice as yours, but I'll post up when we finish it. I probably have 100lbs of copper pipe, and wire from the basement reno to experiment with, so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Last night I polished off season 2 of Game of Thrones. It's definitely one of those shows that grows on you the more you watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      Last night I polished off season 2 of Game of Thrones. It's definitely one of those shows that grows on you the more you watch.
                      Better hurry so you'll be up to speed for the start of the final season this Sunday night.
                      Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                        Better hurry so you'll be up to speed for the start of the final season this Sunday night.
                        I'm actually going to try and slow down so that by the time I'm done with season 7, season 8 has already fully aired and I wont have to wait to watch season 8 episodes back-to-back.

Comment

• Wuss.
                          Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Guess I'm fixing the satellite dish this weekend so the wife can watch it. It's only been aligned to one satellite since last fall when we did the roof, and it's the one that gets all the kid shows. Hasn't really bothered the wife and I because we don't watch much "tv". But she likes her game of thrones.

Comment

Wuss.
                              Me lord wishes to live in the fast lane. Waiting a week or more for each episode is like sitting in traffic.

I'm already going through hell waiting for the next season of Silicon Valley...

EDIT: Also, I'd rather wait until season 8 is fully available in 4K
                              Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; 04-10-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• I was also a "late comer" for Breaking Bad. I started binge watching it around 2015 which was a few years after it had fully aired. Man, that would have sucked waiting for each episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X