What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    172 lbs of blue twisted steel and I don't eat pie!
    I think I'm easily burning 500 calories an hour watching Game of Thrones. It's that mentally demanding in order to keep track of everything that is going on.

I'm going to finish up season 7 and the first episode of season 8 then watch the 2nd episode of season 8 when it airs later tonight.

Comment

• You burn calories watching TV ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 754 View Post
        You burn calories watching TV ?
        Everybody does. Not as much as normal exercise. You burn even more calories when you are thinking hard. 20 or so calories per day more.

From Scientific American: The brain continuously slurps up huge amounts of energy for an organ of its size ... That's 10.8 calories every hour or 0.18 calories each minute.
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by danlb View Post
          Everybody does. Not as much as normal exercise. You burn even more calories when you are thinking hard. 20 or so calories per day more.

From Scientific American: The brain continuously slurps up huge amounts of energy for an organ of its size ... That's 10.8 calories every hour or 0.18 calories each minute.
          So if I say I'm thinking about going on a diet I will start to lose weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by tom_d View Post
            So if I say I'm thinking about going on a diet I will start to lose weight?
            Yep, providing of course that you don't eat while thinking about it.

A few years ago I dropped from 215# to 155# over the course of 2 years using the simple equation of eating fewer calories than my body used. That technique worked fine and I was able to work out and still enjoy a nightly cocktail and occasional desert.

The flip side is that dropping the exercise when I retired resulted in a 300 calorie per day overage, and that mounts up to 1/2 pound of weight gain per week.

Dan
            At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
              I think I'm easily burning 500 calories an hour watching Game of Thrones. It's that mentally demanding in order to keep track of everything that is going on.

I'm going to finish up season 7 and the first episode of season 8 then watch the 2nd episode of season 8 when it airs later tonight.
              The biggest issue with being caught up is that you want more, but have to wait a week.

Comment

• I been making some household items lately. These brackets will go in my sister-in-law’s kitchen https://youtu.be/OhUSNADgRTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ive got a electronic "star tracker" i made 5 years ago that works but is a pain to align, so I came upon a $10 thrift store telescope that had a worm screw adjustable mount. I bought it and cut off the tripod mount and made a 1/4-20 mount for it, and welded some angle to mount the tracker to where the telescope used to be.

Also today, banged out a scissor jack work support for my bandsaw. The roller stand I had doesn't like heavy material so i kept the roller and added a $12 scissor jack, some scrap and two old brake rotors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I hope that is not how you cut angle iron !

Comment

I hope that is not how you cut angle iron !
                      Only when I've got a fresh blade

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got up extra early this morning to attend an Easter sunrise service at the King and Queen Seat at Rocks State Park:

We had coffee and donuts afterward. Then I went on a short hike, followed by a huge buffet breakfast at a nearby golf course:

I've been going there for probably 30 years. I took Muttley with me a few times:

http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I hope that is not how you cut angle iron !
                          And why would that be?

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

• Invert the angle iron so it looks like an upside down V when you clamp in the saw.
                            Much easier on the blade.

Paul looks like a nice place for a Sunrise Service.

Comment

Invert the angle iron so it looks like an upside down V when you clamp in the saw.
                              Much easier on the blade.

Paul looks like a nice place for a Sunrise Service.
                              Woks well either way. I usually do what you suggest, might work better for a coarser blade, but with it clamped as he shows, it is OK for a fine blade.

wasn't sure where you were going with that.

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

• It's easier to get blade bounce in his pic.
                                Laid the upside down V way you get more material cutting at same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X