What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 754 View Post
    It's easier to get blade bounce in his pic.
    Laid the upside down V way you get more material cutting at same time.
    With fine enough teeth anything could be cut in any position. I always do the upside down V like you said for my 14TPI blade, if I'm cutting one piece. It wasn't playing ball for the photo in that position as the moving jaw likes to lift without me futzing with the bolt on it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is how I cut angle iron (and aluminum):

For big thick chunks of aluminum:

Rocks State Park:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocks_State_Park

http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/...ral/rocks.aspx

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Maryland.html

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rocks-state-park-jarrettsville

From 1971:
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• If the jaw tilts too far in the position Matt showed, and the piece vibrates, its bad news.

Comment

• Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
          I got up extra early this morning to attend an Easter sunrise service at the King and Queen Seat at Rocks State Park:

We had coffee and donuts afterward. Then I went on a short hike, followed by a huge buffet breakfast at a nearby golf course:

I've been going there for probably 30 years. I took Muttley with me a few times:

That park looks perfect to take my R/C rock crawler

Comment

• What did I do today? Sprayed lacquer on 18 fan blades- which are now awaiting replacing the existing blades in a custom fan system in a pub. Then I had a beer and ordered a maui burger- without everything else. No lettuce, burger bun, pickle, fake tomato, fries- just the patty with the pineapple ring on it and whatever that sauce was. Kitchen couldn't do that, so it came with fries.

And I rode home in my little car with those 18 still curing fan blades on the seat beside me. Lovely aroma-
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

• Originally posted by mattthegamer463 View Post
              Ive got a electronic "star tracker" i made 5 years ago that works but is a pain to align, so I came upon a $10 thrift store telescope that had a worm screw adjustable mount. I bought it and cut off the tripod mount and made a 1/4-20 mount for it, and welded some angle to mount the tracker to where the telescope used to be.

Also today, banged out a scissor jack work support for my bandsaw. The roller stand I had doesn't like heavy material so i kept the roller and added a $12 scissor jack, some scrap and two old brake rotors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
              Nice job on the Scissor Style Roller,pretty cleaver!

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                The biggest issue with being caught up is that you want more, but have to wait a week.
                Yup, I'm all caught up now. Now I have to wait a week for episode 3...

Comment

• Chicken pot pies for lunch today!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                    Chicken pot pies for lunch today!
                    ....and todays poll: Show is 3 Phase still alive?! ;-p

Comment

• Deleted by author.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
                        The simple fact that 3P IS still alive is proof that he doesn't eat any of that semi-food-like crap, he just posts it to annoy us.

Comment

• I went to Starbucks and rode in the back of an A319 from Salt Lake City to Cincinnati. Tomorrow is Leipzig. Following day I am visiting Afghanistan, hoping I don't get shot at, then finally Amsterdam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
                            Very much alive, and doing exceptionally well. Eating some delicious meatballs right now

Comment

• Bitcoin must be paying off well!
                              Andy

Comment

• Is someone on here getting paid with processed food , in lieu of money ?

Comment

Working...
                                X