No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly making progress with the cleanup and painting.

Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Nice summer day here so went for a bicycle ride around the neighborhood. Thankfully e-bike, would have been sweaty 30km trip on unassisted bicycle

Comment

• Did this a while ago. I was finally able to get a helper for a few hours but it was supposed to rain so I built this shanty to be able to pour while I had the help.

Comment

• I could get a helper for a few hours another day so I poured a couple of pads on the other side.

Comment

• Doing another revision to my wiring of the lathe, installing DIN rail, going to make a new wire loom going to the control panel. All the switches are standard 22mm, but they drilled the front panel holes 25mm, so I 3D printed bushings.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by RB211; 06-08-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• MattiJ,,, Beautiful country side and photos, I couldn't help noticing the street lights on all the power poles. Is that normal in your area?
              Last edited by lugnut; 06-08-2019, 10:46 PM.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
              Oregon Coast

Comment

• Went to a big flea market (burls creek) with Dad. Got a few things, but thought the pickings were kind of slim compared to years past. Picked up an old die cast workmate, an alternator for my tractor, a large wall mount pressure gauge for the compressor, a prop for my boat, and a walk/dont walk street light that works to hang in the garage. Not sure if I'm getting pickier, or if there was just not as much interesting stuff there this time. Weather was perfect though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                  MattiJ,,, Beautiful country side and photos, I couldn't help noticing the street lights on all the power poles. Is that normal in your area?
                  Don't know about MattiJ, but where I'm at, the closest street light is two miles away, then 6 in one direction and 14 in the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                    MattiJ,,, Beautiful country side and photos, I couldn't help noticing the street lights on all the power poles. Is that normal in your area?
                    Thanks.
                    I`d say quite unusual, not sure if I have ever seen anywhere else around here.
                    Power poles are also getting rare as eveything is going underground.

Comment

• Street lights are common IMO as soon as you get enough houses in an area, like my parents village of 10 houses or so, then you get stretches of them, but there will be no lights on the road until the next village, 5-10km onwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisCA View Post
                        Street lights are common IMO as soon as you get enough houses in an area, like my parents village of 10 houses or so, then you get stretches of them, but there will be no lights on the road until the next village, 5-10km onwards.
                        Yeah, street lights are almost everywhere. But combination of power line poles and street lights on same pole are extremely rare or at least I don't remember seeing it "about ever"
                        Power cables are also installed underground pretty much everywhere (at least towns bigger than 10 houses..). Uncommon to see tangles of wires running in every direction like in US/Japan for example.
                        Last edited by MattiJ; 06-09-2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Over here in ostrobothnia it's still common, they were set up in the 70s, 80s and even 90s. My parents village and all the places around it are still like that. Nobody is ever gonna bother digging down powerlines there so they'll probably have poles for as long as the villages last. We live in a newer area planned post 2000 and there are no poles anywhere. We can walk a kilometer to an older area and we start seeing power wires and poles. Though nothing like what you see in Japan or the US I agree, even in the older areas.

Comment

• Around here, like on the pole that has the pig which feeds my house, there are street lights on many power line poles. The notable exceptions are on freeways and parking lots, which have stand-alone poles with underground wiring. Perhaps also in newer residential subdivisions where most distribution systems are underground, power poles may be rare, and streets are illuminated by lampposts.

A few months ago I noticed that the light by my house became much brighter. Probably an LED upgrade.
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Having issues with getting one of the X-axis gibs back in the vertical table on the Deckel... Fiddly setup, there's a piece that is acted on by a cam, it needs to be retained by friction so it doesn't drop down before one can insert the lower gib, but it doesn't, just falls down.... I think I need to insert some grease there to make it so it doesn't fall down on it's own.

Anyway it was frustrating so I moved onto the long reach vertical head and I will start cleaning it up:

Comment

• Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                                ........... Uncommon to see tangles of wires running in every direction like in US/Japan for example.
                                Umcommon to see that in the US. I have never seen such a "tangle", and I doubt any power company would tolerate such a thing.

In India..... well sure.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...60232012370510
                                4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
                                Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Working...
                                X