No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is very fortunate to have you as a Father. Great Job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
      She is very fortunate to have you as a Father. Great Job.
      Here's a simple project, wiring up a big button for her to activate the toy.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191112_140804.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	1838169

She also outgrew the wheelchair I made for her and we gave it to a family with a special needs kid who got a huge smile sitting upright for first time on it.
      Last edited by RB211; 11-12-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Got a little time in the shop. Had one of those days where as soon as you put something down, it disappears. Enjoyed some time exclaiming "Ohh FFS!" every few minutes and then snapped a parting tool.
        The insert is ok, the holder snapped - think it got pushed below centre and dug in. Not even particularly hard steel, the kind that cuts to a surface like sandpaper unless you're using a vertical shear tool - and even then it needs emery to avoid embarrassment.

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Here's a simple project, wiring up a big button for her to activate the toy.
          Click image for larger version Name:	20191112_140804.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	1838169

She also outgrew the wheelchair I made for her and we gave it to a family with a special needs kid who got a huge smile sitting upright for first time on it.
          I'd add 5 more likes to this post if I could, unfortunately I can only add one.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
            2 days off
            Traded the 3/4 for 1 ton
            Wife is happier w/o lift and 37” but I hate the stance. So 3” Front/1” rear level kit going in. Also got to undercoat the ram/jeep and crane truck for winter
            Ohhh now that is a nice truck! I would love to have one of those. How much torque is that one rated for?

Comment

• 1000 ftlb
              seems to be a good truck thusfar

Directions= misleading, inaccurate
              Kit mostly complete= again, should not be my problem

All told, about 3 hrs, could do it again in about 1/2 that knowing what I know now.

Before:

39” front/43” rear

Apart:

Final:

43/43”

Got to practice my endoscopic skills grabbing a dropped spacer in the frame
              "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• Sold some old Hayabusa forks to a guy building a cafe KZ. I bought them about 12 years ago for a project that is long gone, and they've been in a big rubbermade bin on the floor of my barn since taking up space. Sold them for what I paid for them, so I "broke even" not counting my time, and calories moving them around a few times over the years. Some fun money back in the shop budget and i'm puting it towards a heater for the garage.

Comment

• Drove almost 500 miles to San Diego. Got 64 mpg on a 200 mile stretch that included a mountain range, the LA basin, 80 mph for most and the last 20 miles at 15 mph. With the A/C running.

Other than the traffic jam it was a nice trip.
                  At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

2 days off
                    Traded the 3/4 for 1 ton
                    Wife is happier w/o lift and 37” but I hate the stance. So 3” Front/1” rear level kit going in. Also got to undercoat the ram/jeep and crane truck for winter
                    Do you adjust the headlights after jacking up the front end?

Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

• Funny that we have electric(ish) car and SUV posts following each other. Yesterday's news in the UK was how the rise of SUVs has wiped out the eco-savings from electric cars. Yesterday in the 80 minute traffic jam I was behind a Prius wondering if his engine would kick in to warm up the driver. Unfortunately its battery doesn't have range to even get me to work alone back home and the cost of a second hand one is twice the cost of my Fiesta so I would never recoup the outlay.

Comment

1000 ftlb
                        seems to be a good truck thusfar

Directions= misleading, inaccurate
                        Kit mostly complete= again, should not be my problem

All told, about 3 hrs, could do it again in about 1/2 that knowing what I know now.

Final:
                        Great looking truck! I love the turbo cummings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baz View Post
                          . Yesterday in the 80 minute traffic jam I was behind a Prius wondering if his engine would kick in to warm up the driver. Unfortunately its battery doesn't have range to even get me to work alone back home and the cost of a second hand one is twice the cost of my Fiesta so I would never recoup the outlay.
                          Answer; yes, the prius will provide heat as needed. Different generations use different climate controls. Mine has a heat pump.

The return on investment is always tricky. If a used one sells for twice the cost of a fiesta, what happens when you sell it after driving it for a year? Still worth twice a fiesta? If so, sell it after a year and recoup your investment AND save on fuel in the year that you owned it.

Sorry, this is off topic. On topic; today we tried to take a cat t the vet, only to have her open the door and let herself out. I re-formed the latches for a more positive latching.
                          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rookie machinist View Post
                            Helped install another 50' of track on my local live steam railroad, our new line is almost complete. Just have to finish the switch tomorrow and add some more ballast. http://www.southerncalifornialiveste...ls.asp?id=3082
                            I used to be a member of the Golden Gate Live Steamers.

Comment

• I adjusted them down slightly flathead

5$ scrapyard stand adapted to new blade grinder

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

Comment

• Got the ram/crane truck and cj5 undercoated today
                                Fluid film was a bit thick at 60 deg, warmed up to 90-100 to be able to pour in spray containers
                                1 gallon gave good coverage for all 3 vehicles (2/3 went on crane)

Comment

Working...
                                X