No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to Radio Shack and bought some RCA plugs to extend my speakers in my shop. No..... I didn't miss type "Radio Shack". (There's one in Belle Fourche S.D.)

Comment

• Built a chip guard for my lathe. Still wanna paint it and add some stuff for tool storage

Comment

• That chip guard looks great, Dennis

Comment

• Spent some time last night trying to work out a good rope knurl. Trying out a Millgrain wheel, it's a bit smaller than I would like and it's taking me a bit of time to figure out the best process, but I think I can make it work and looking at the construction of the Millgrain wheel might be able to upsize it to make a larger knurl.

Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• A bit of spark erosion today. I needed to remove some cable from a clamp. HSS drill was a no go, I only had one 1/8 carbide endmill and I needed more depth

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• Been working on the Benchmaster again. Getting closer to being done, or at least ready to re-assemble.

The knee is 3/4 done, the table slideways are not done yet. In the pics, I am scraping the top of the table. When that is flat, I will get the flat ways on the bottom of the table parallel with the topside. Then the dovetails will be scraped to parallel the table slots and hopefully the sides also. If the sides do not line up, they will get scraped parallel to slots and perpendicular to the top surface.

Then the table will be fitted on the knee, and checked for alignment. The results of that will guide the scraping of the table way dovetails on the knee piece to get the table lined up properly vs the column and the ram axis. I have the H-spindle for this also, and I want that to line up as well,

4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Looking good, Jerry!
                I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                Oregon, USA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom S View Post
                  Spent some time last night trying to work out a good rope knurl. Trying out a Millgrain wheel, it's a bit smaller than I would like and it's taking me a bit of time to figure out the best process, but I think I can make it work and looking at the construction of the Millgrain wheel might be able to upsize it to make a larger knurl.

Looking good. I stumbled across a page by someone that made one of these. Just on the off-chance it's helpful to you: Miniature rope knurl

Comment

• Home Machine Shop Tool Making - Machining A Set Of Vintage Style Rope Knurls

Comment

• Popped open the top of my PM 12X36 Taiwan lathe and noticed a lot of metal chips that were there from the factory, which is par for the course on these imports. I sucked out the oil which looked dirty, and replaced it with Mobil DTE Heavy/Medium which is an ISO 68 oil, and ran it. Also tore down one of my wooden tables, have away a portable AC unit, and cleared some much needed floor space. I will make chips for the first time on the 12x36, and I may even change out the spindle oil on the 10EE and try making some chips with it as well!
                      And will get the CNC going again.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Crossing Disciplines on a pre-Christmas Sunday Afternoon...

Fortunately I don’t need this done Wednesday morning. By Saturday for sure.

Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                        9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

• Made a shift knob for the plow jeep. I use a winch to raise and lower the plow and I got tired of holding the winch switch while shifting so I just combined the two. The previous abuser of this this heep brazed on (poorly) an extension shift shaft for some reason, and that broke off a couple years ago, so I've just been shifting with a stump anyway. I'm going to cut off whats there, and weld on a 1/2" bolt for this to thread onto.

Tried printing threads again. No good, but should be fine if I run a tap down it. 1/4" hole is for the switch wire to go in. There's a cavity in the head and a hole from the back I can insert the switches from.

Comment

• Replaced the heating element for the extruder on my 3D printer, back up and running. Going to design mounts for my limit home switches for the CNC mill.

Comment

• Friend fixing a lift chair ordered replacement part. New part delivered needed a different shoulder bolt than old part, not included. He looked up on the internet, one bolt $50. Called me. Created bolt with bushing over stock 3/8 bolt plus stock washer to account for bolt head size. Done.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20191222-LesChairBolt.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	956.8 KB
ID:	1844704 JFLingg
                              JFLingg @ 25 miles east of Colorado Springs, Colorado

Comment

• Installed a laundry sink in my shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X