No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul, it's time to let that fridge go.
    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

• Paul: I hope you didn't bring that roach infested POS into your house
      “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
        ...What do normal folks do when they buy stuff like this ?
        Use it as-is for a while, throw it out and buy a new one. It keeps the economy ticking over.

When you consider how much it cost you, and how many people made a profit along the way, it's a miracle that it can even exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
          Paul, it's time to let that fridge go.
          Or maybe buy one from Banggood for $3.99.

OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

• Hose it out good with hose and some bleach, scrub it, then leave it outside in the sun for a month. Fridge will be like new.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
              What do normal folks do when they buy stuff like this ?
              kids grow really fast, he or she will be on something bigger before you can blink. I didn't bother doing much work on my kids bikes until they hit their current ones at 11 and 13 yrs old. Even then, it's not worth investing much in quality bikes as they neither use them enough or for long enough to make it worthwhile. Both their bikes were curbside finds.

Comment

• Got the pump in, all plumbed but shaft seal leaking like a sieve. Lift does function though.
                Pump out and starting the rebuild.

Also scrapyard gloat today. 10pc 18”x42” 1/4 plate, 2 40” pieces of 3/16 channel and 2 10”x40” 1/8 plate
                600# or so, 250$
                Not a steal but online prices are well over 1500$ plus ship
                "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• Fridge cleaned up pretty well. Sprayed with detergent, blasted with hose, sprayed with bleach, hose spray again. Leaving it outside to dry and continue airing out. While working on my shed, I saw that the fridge had fallen off the steps - but then I saw thatMr Tibbs apparently thought something smelled yummy and he had torn up one of the bags of food. He seems to have survived, but I won't welcome his doggy kisses for a while! 🤮

Click image for larger version

Name:	B&D_Refrigerator_6111.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	1855114

Name:	B&D_Refrigerator_6112.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	1855112

Name:	B&D_Refrigerator_6114.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1855113
                  The shed...

Name:	Shed_Framing_Gables_6115.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	1855115

Name:	Shed_Framing_Rafters_6117.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1855116
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• shed is looking fabulous Paul!

Comment

• I was asking my professor a question at his office today, and when leaving I commented on his fresh McMaster 126 that just showed up. He said "Want it? Take it, I do it all online now." So now I have a brand new McMaster 126. I should have asked about the grainger catalog thereas well since their site is much worse, but I didn't want to be greedy.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200213_233710.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	1855466 I'm visiting a relative. She was worried about getting locked out of the house. I suggested a "hide a key" box of some sort. She was luke warm to the idea because she has gardeners poking around outside every week. I suggested a two step approach. First was a key to the storm door embedded in the railing around the deck. The second was a key to the front door hidden in the storm door. Secrecy is the key here.

I lucked out. The door has hinges that are screwed to the jam, resulting in a 3/8 inch gap between the jam and the door. The hinge is not really noticed since they made the edge of the door like c C channel. My other bit of luck is that there are two flush steel screws an inch below the bottom hinge. A magnet would be ideal to hold the key in place.

I did not want to make it too thick so I drilled a 15/64" hole in the bow of the key and pressed a 6mm rare earth magnet into it. A very light coat of epoxy made it permanent. I used a magic marker to darken it so that it would disappear into the shadows. The hinge side of the door is located such that there is never direct light on it.

She was pleased with the result. I stressed the fact that it's only secure if she NEVER tells anyone where it is.

At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

• And yet you've told us about it.

>

Comment

• Originally posted by danlb View Post
                            ... a key to the storm door ...
                            People lock their storm doors?? My step son is annoyingly cautious, but even he doesn't lock their storm door.

Comment

• The drug blight has reached this small rural area. Every once in a while someone wanders through the neighborhood looking for unlocked cars and houses. Old single ladies tend to be more cautious than old men.

Yeah, I disclosed the secret, but not the address so unless you live close to here and have excellent computer skills excellent geocaching skills and want to face a scared old lady with a loaded 32, she's probably safe.
                              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                                I was asking my professor a question at his office today, and when leaving I commented on his fresh McMaster 126 that just showed up. He said "Want it? Take it, I do it all online now." So now I have a brand new McMaster 126. I should have asked about the grainger catalog thereas well since their site is much worse, but I didn't want to be greedy.
                                lucky you! All I give out to my students are Jolly Ranchers, occasional cups of coffee and advice they need but don't want

Comment

Working...
                                X