What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

People lock their storm doors?? My step son is annoyingly cautious, but even he doesn't lock their storm door.
    Mom started locking her storm door in her mid 80's. That way she could see who was at the door without them being able to get in easily.
    North Central Arkansas

Comment

• Neighbor wanted to get rid of some trees that he had down. More lumber for the sawmill

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• Was looking for a cable ferrule swaging tools..

Apparently 600 ton huge "C-clamp" is only a medium size when it comes to these:

That is some seriously beefy c-clamp

Comment

• Machined 8 cast iron train wheels, ready for the next op which is drilling, boring, and reaming the hole for the axles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
            Was looking for a cable ferrule swaging tools..

Apparently 600 ton huge "C-clamp" is only a medium size when it comes to these:

That is some seriously beefy c-clamp
            Sure that isn't some kind of special micrometer?
            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• Rounding up all the stuff needed to re-assemble my 7x10 mini lathe. Got a list of fasteners req'd, and waiting on a special tap for the cross-slide conversion.

Hope the tax man is favorable to me this year, I could put the money towards a much larger and more capable machine. Meanwhile, hand tools only, so I'm taking the opportunity to develop some experience with brass, and creating precision by hand. Never worked with brass before, and I've always relied on the accuracy of the machines at work for the precision. Doing it by hand gives you a whole new respect for guys like Maudslay, Whitworth, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                Sure that isn't some kind of special micrometer?
                If it is, every measurement is going to be 0.000

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripe View Post

If it is, every measurement is going to be 0.000
                  hahahahahahah true because its funny

Comment

• Finished up on the plane swing and hanger brackets today. Maybe it’ll qualify with EAA for a free Solid Works seat.
                    Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

• I spent the day making clamps for my little mill.
                      Santa Claus brought me a 5c spin indexer, and today I made some table clamps for the mill.
                      I (was) trying to do this:

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbgo6u7S2Y&t=495s

I promptly had a wreck, and called it a day.

Comment

• Drove 2hrs up north to go fishing with the kids for 2.5 hours, then drove 2hrs back home . Caught one small lake trout (~2lbs) on the lure I made and showed here within the first 5 minutes, but lost it right at the top of the hole. Had a wet arm for the rest of the day after I lunged after it. Oh well. Kids had fun. Son had the best line of the day on the way home when he said "argh, why do we have to drive for soooooo long. Why can't we just live on a lake". Good question pal, bring that up with your mother .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          Drove 2hrs up north to go fishing with the kids for 2.5 hours, then drove 2hrs back home . Caught one small lake trout (~2lbs) on the lure I made and showed here within the first 5 minutes, but lost it right at the top of the hole. Had a wet arm for the rest of the day after I lunged after it. Oh well. Kids had fun. Son had the best line of the day on the way home when he said "argh, why do we have to drive for soooooo long. Why can't we just live on a lake". Good question pal, bring that up with your mother .
                          I miss living on a lake

Comment

• borrowed a friends lawn mower, broke it, fixed it, mowed the lawn
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9244.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1855969

Comment

• Had to cut a couple of circles in plate steel, didn't have a good way to do it so I had to make a circle cutter guide for the OA torch and the Plasma cutter. Used both as the plasma won't do 1/4" without a lot of patients so the OA was in order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200216_154658733.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	777.2 KB
ID:	1855971

TX
                              Mr fixit for the family
                              Chris

Comment

• Building a rack for storing tool holders for Lathe,this perforated table makes alignment for welding a breeze.It will have to wait,loading Grain Truck today as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2416.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1856064

Comment

Working...
                                X