Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hmmmm? I can see them. Let me try another one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1423.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	966.0 KB
ID:	1866607
    Did this one work?
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

    Lewis Grizzard

    Comment


    • Yes. Same as image in post #5171.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

      Comment


      • Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_004403.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	1866614

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
          Yes. Same as image in post #5171.
          Thanks Paul. The photos are not displaying because they are ranging in size from 1.7 to 4.9 mb which is way too big. I thought that making the phone convert them to JPG would reduce the size, but that didn't happen. I either have to find a fix, or give up on using the phone for pics on this board.
          Something that I did last night cut the size of the one pic that you can see, down to 765 KB. I don't know which of the many things tried did the trick, but at least I know it's doable. I'll give it another shot later.
          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

          Lewis Grizzard

          Comment


          • Originally posted by danlb View Post
            ​A short while back I was blessed with a nice assortment of drills and endmills. I planned to get to the hardware to pick up tubing for some nice protective sleeves, but we were one of the first in the US to be under "shelter at home" orders so I never got the materials.

            Here's what I did come up with. Regular drinking straws for the small stuff (under 1/4) and home rolled cereal box cardboard tubes for the bigger stuff. The caps are simple 3/8 inch dowel drilled for a tight fit to the 1/4 inch ID straw. I'll make something similar for the bigger tubes.

            I learned that I know nothing about rolling cardboard tubes.
            Cereal box material is pretty tough stuff and doesn't form well to small diameters. You could try soaking it and wrapping the wet cardboard around a dowel, and drying it with a heat gun. Just an idea off the top of my head.
            “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

            Lewis Grizzard

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dave C View Post

              Thanks Paul. The photos are not displaying because they are ranging in size from 1.7 to 4.9 mb which is way too big. I thought that making the phone convert them to JPG would reduce the size, but that didn't happen. I either have to find a fix, or give up on using the phone for pics on this board.
              Something that I did last night cut the size of the one pic that you can see, down to 765 KB. I don't know which of the many things tried did the trick, but at least I know it's doable. I'll give it another shot later.
              i use Irfanview to modify pictures. It's free (donation accepted) and it can rotate, change the size, change the number of pixels to get the file size down, etc. It will take you weeks to explore all the options but only a little time to make the picture file size to what will display.

              Comment


              • I climbed the hill behind the house to the meadow, which is badly overgrown with multiflora rose (nasty thorns), and honeysuckle. I made some progress cutting the vines, but lots more to do.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Meadow_6232.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	1866898
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Meadow_6233.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	1866899
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

                Comment


                • The work is never done if you have acreage. Between shop projects I've been trying to clean up here too. Several winter storms left tons of limbs on the ground.
                  “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

                  Lewis Grizzard

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RMinMN View Post

                    i use Irfanview to modify pictures. It's free (donation accepted) and it can rotate, change the size, change the number of pixels to get the file size down, etc. It will take you weeks to explore all the options but only a little time to make the picture file size to what will display.
                    Thanks, I will check that out.
                    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

                    Lewis Grizzard

                    Comment


                    • Sandblast cabinet blasting was slowing down. There was a hole in the siphon tube. Luckily I had a spare. When I ordered another one, the company had a notice that they were shut down for the virus and would not by open and start shipping until 5/4/2020---- maybe.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandblast cabinet tube.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1867013

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post
                        Sandblast cabinet blasting was slowing down. There was a hole in the siphon tube. Luckily I had a spare. When I ordered another one, the company had a notice that they were shut down for the virus and would not by open and start shipping until 5/4/2020---- maybe.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandblast cabinet tube.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1867013
                        We have inspection program in place at the power plant to routinely test susceptible radius bends in high energy piping to mitigate such failures. Glad you had a spare.
                        Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by flathead4 View Post

                          We have inspection program in place at the power plant to routinely test susceptible radius bends in high energy piping to mitigate such failures. Glad you had a spare.
                          That's really interesting. How do you go about doing the testing?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post

                            That's really interesting. How do you go about doing the testing?
                            Back in the 80's when the industry started experiencing these failures, I recall them using radiography. Now days they use ultrasonic equipment to detect the wall thinning. Faster, more accurate and way safer.
                            Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

                            Comment


                            • At the refinery they use both ultrasonic and x-ray. For the ultrasound they smear a gel on the pipe too.

                              Interestingly enough, they can use gamma rays to see activity in a fractionating column in use. Liquid and vapor react differently to the rays and you can find areas of flooding or unwanted turbulence.

                              Today I made a new rear axle for my old chop.

                              Last edited by Tim The Grim; 04-08-2020, 07:24 PM.
                              Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                              9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

                              Comment


                              • fixed up an old Craftsman chainsaw I found on the curb. Waiting to see if I can fix another one (also found on the curb) before deciding whether to keep this one or sell it.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9370.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1867365

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X