No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infrared thermometer and stethoscope /ear to the floor. I almost always find exactly where they are. Not because I'm any good but because it's easy to do and I've done lots of removals.
    On your second question there are several answers but the two most important are as follows:

1-bee hives die if they aren't managed. This is because of varroa mites. When they die the remaining brood, honey, nectar, wax and pollen become "food" for many different disgusting insects. The nectar and honey ferment and can easily migrate through the ceiling below. This is a 1.5 million dollar house and a ceiling that bleeds disgusting, fermented nastiness would be a huge problem as you can imagine.

2. There is a liability and big concern from owners regarding stings, allergies etc.

Comment

• Finished this Turkey mount for a friend of mine for his first bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
        DennisCA Given some cleaning and deburring - you know the drill with this sort of thing - you'll probably be ok. If you've used better you may be a little disappointed but the ones I have (a 3 and a 4 jaw in 100mm) are good enough. Action could be smoother on some of the threads but you're not going to have things flying out or stuff windmilling round because it's so far off-centre.....unless you're still at my skill-level with a 4-jaw!
        The chucks I have are swedish made and good quality, but they are all so worn out. So I am not used to a remotely good chuck.

Comment

• Went home for lunch at noon and there was a bitchin thunderstorm at 12:30, when I got back to the shop at 1:00 the power was out. The owner told everyone on the floor (5 machinists and 3 helpers) to go home, power is on at home which is less then 5 miles away.

Because it was lunch time all of the machines experienced a disorderly shut down, it would take a while to check all of the machines for position when restarted.

You never know where they will be after a restart (-:

Winds above 40 Knots are rare in this area, when they do come they knock down all of the already compromised tree parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisCA View Post
            Bought a cheap chinese 125mm (5") 3-jaw chuck. I wanted to buy a bit nicer Zentra with two piece jaws, but it's out of stock and nothing more until July the german sore said. I am really tired of my old chuck so I am taking a chance on this, from the same dealer.
            I bought this 5" for my Vertical Bandsaw,it's been good but has never turned a revolution.It came with both Sets of jaws which I assume yours does too. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2907.PNG
Views:	270
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1879029

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track Hmmm, a chuck on a bandsaw eh? Do tell! I mean obviously it's for workpiece holding but I'm curious as to what. Cutting or splitting bar stock?

Comment

Tundra Twin Track Hmmm, a chuck on a bandsaw eh? Do tell! I mean obviously it's for workpiece holding but I'm curious as to what. Cutting or splitting bar stock?
                Whatever job such a device will accomplish, nothing removes material as fast as a saw.

Comment

• made a small tool tray for my bike repair stand. Been meaning to make one for years, but for some reason the other night was the night and I knocked it out in a couple of hours. Funny how that happens sometimes.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9474.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1879050

Name:	IMG_9473.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1879051

Name:	IMG_9472.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	1879052

Comment

Tundra Twin Track Hmmm, a chuck on a bandsaw eh? Do tell! I mean obviously it's for workpiece holding but I'm curious as to what. Cutting or splitting bar stock?
                    Just about anything that can be gripped in the Jaws,my go too for shorting bolts.You can grip oddball shapes as Chuck is not turning,had this setup for 8 yrs and could not be without it now

Comment

• Gee, thanks for adding another project to my list.
                      21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                      1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

I bought this 5" for my Vertical Bandsaw,it's been good but has never turned a revolution.It came with both Sets of jaws which I assume yours does too. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2907.PNG
Views:	270
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1879029
                        What is the handle and lever for?

Comment

• Originally posted by challenger View Post

What is the handle and lever for?
                          The black knobs on rod is for pushing&steering and hand wheel is key for tightening jaws,used a scrap peice of 12" I beam for mount. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2914.PNG
Views:	203
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	1879151

Comment

• Cutting some brass off for a project (fittings for the flood coolant drainage)

Comment

• Cooked a little, used my garden fresh Jalapenos.

Name:	20200607_194412.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	1879765
                              Also growing Habaneros and cherry tomatoes

Name:	20200607_194445.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	1879766Click image for larger version

Name:	20200607_194507.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	1879767

Comment

• today I swept the floor and cleaned shop, and oiled the lathe.
                                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Working...
                                X