Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baz
    • May 2013

There is an avenue of trees round the corner from me. Last time one dropped in a storm it was gone within the day leaving only the twigs for the council to clear up. Woodburners are teh in thing and Costco and Lidl sell chainsaws from time to time. They never sell PPE.

Comment

• PStechPaul
      • Oct 2013

Sell 'em on eBay as vintage heavy duty calipers...
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• lugnut
        • Sep 2004

Yesterday I answered an ad on Craig's for antique tool. When I got there the lady said they had belonged to her Dad, and his wish was for her to give them away to some other tool nut. They are in pretty good shape and heavy. They filled a 5 gallon bucket. Some are old Monkey wrenches and 4 or 5 are marked FORD USA. I assume the Ford ones are for Model T or A. And FREE was a great buy. There are 30 of them.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
        Oregon Coast

Comment

• Dave C
          • Mar 2015

I tried to see the pics but got this: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. HUH?
          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

• lugnut
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
            I tried to see the pics but got this: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. HUH?
            I don't know Dave, any body want to help Dave or me? Dave try clicking on one of the thumbnail photos.
            Last edited by lugnut; 08-13-2020, 07:48 PM.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
            Oregon Coast

Comment

• PStechPaul
              • Oct 2013

Are you logged in?
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• reggie_obe
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                Some are old Monkey wrenches and 4 or 5 are marked FORD USA. I assume the Ford ones are for Model T or A.
                Image #5, similar to those for the Indian motorcycles.

Don't click on " 5 photos", click on an image to view.

Comment

• Dave C
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Image #5, similar to those for the Indian motorcycles.

Don't click on " 5 photos", click on an image to view.
                  Thanks reggie, that works. Got a surprise when #3 popped up with a wrench made in my home town.
                  “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

• flathead4
                    • Apr 2010

I need a thin nut for a upcoming task. No precision required so I clamped it above parallels and skinned it off on my mill. I also started bagging my grapes to keep the birds and deer off.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	thin-nut.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1892871
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	fruit-bag.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	1892872
                    Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

• flathead4
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                      Yesterday I answered an ad on Craig's for antique tool. When I got there the lady said they had belonged to her Dad, and his wish was for her to give them away to some other tool nut. They are in pretty good shape and heavy. They filled a 5 gallon bucket. Some are old Monkey wrenches and 4 or 5 are marked FORD USA. I assume the Ford ones are for Model T or A. And FREE was a great buy. There are 30 of them.
                      I have one of those monkey wrenches but without the Ford script. You would be surprised how much I use it. It is great under the sink.
                      Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

• Arcane
                        • Oct 2002

Today I pressed new bushing into a friends swaybar! :

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track
                          • Jan 2014

I finished a project on Grain Dryer that was over due,the melted divider in pic was designed wrong when dryer was manufactured.It was way too close to the 2.4 million btu burner,after cutting it out on a angle to gain clearance from burner and installed 4" sqaure tubing that was tapped 1/4" NF to sandwich between existing 14 ga.I added a angle Iron that can replaced if need be for less restrictions on airflow. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3173.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1892903Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3164.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	1892904Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3168.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1892902

Comment

• nickel-city-fab
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                            I finished a project on Grain Dryer that was over due,the melted divider in pic was designed wrong when dryer was manufactured.It was way too close to the 2.4 million btu burner,after cutting it out on a angle to gain clearance from burner and installed 4" sqaure tubing that was tapped 1/4" NF to sandwich between existing 14 ga.I added a angle Iron that can replaced if need be for less restrictions on airflow.
                            Huh, I had no idea it needed drying -- shows you how much I know about grain. My area (western NY) is mostly fruits and veggies. FWIW, I still have a few hundred lbs of hard red winter wheat from the 1973 Illinois crop. Before GMO. Mom was using it to make bread, I dunno if it'll sprout.
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

Huh, I had no idea it needed drying -- shows you how much I know about grain. My area (western NY) is mostly fruits and veggies. FWIW, I still have a few hundred lbs of hard red winter wheat from the 1973 Illinois crop. Before GMO. Mom was using it to make bread, I dunno if it'll sprout.
                              Wheat is dry for storage at 14.5% moisture,13 to 13.5 is better for long term storage.A lot of wheat is harvested at under 20% then dried down to dry,the last few Harvests a lot has been taken off up to near 30% which is very difficult to harvest and dry at those levels.

I'm sure your hard red wheat will be fine if it was stored in a dry environment.

To my knowledge there is no Registered GMO Wheat in Canada or USA.

Comment

• plunger
                                • Nov 2006

Here in darkest S Africa our esteemed leaders have forced the worlds the toughest lockdown on its convicts.Quite strange when the person in charge has a son who has a ciggerette factory.No one has stopped smoking ,they just have to buy illegal cigerrettes from her son.Thats how Africa works. Corruption at dna level. . Over 300 000 innocent civilians have been arrested for petty crimes. We are not allowed to smoke or drink. So many of us have become criminals.

My contribution to being a criminal is that Ive become a bootlegger and moonshiner,. But Im on a big learning curve.

Ive made a pot still from an old copper water heater and yesterday I had my first run from a pineapple wash. This stuff is potent.
                                If I dont go blind during the week I can consider it a great success ,but have lots to learn.
                                Attached Files
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X