Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drove 600 miles in order to to do things that I would prefer not to do........
    2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

    Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan


    It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

    Comment


    • I got to try out the Bison 4 jaw I sold to work. Nice chuck, runs really good.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210305_113107s.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1932126

      Other than work and helping make a bit of stir fry, nothing!
      21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
      1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

      Comment


      • Today I noticed a post that told about the most recent Samsung phones and watches which now have some new features. Several of them are good things to have for heart disease patients.

        First was the "Watch 3" model that can do a simple 1 trace EKG without any external equipment. I printed out a trace that showed that I would sometimes have palpitations. The EKG showed skipped beats and my Cardiologist was impressed. It will also detect and log arrhythmia.

        Next is a SPo2 blood oxygen saturation sensor. It's built into the back oft he watch and the back of the Galaxy S9+ phone. Both will tell me if my oxygen levels are low.

        Then we have the new one. It's a blood pressure monitor based on the pulses of freshly oxygenated blood. Yes, it will take your blood pressure and share it to your phone for tracking trends.

        And, of course, it counts your pulse rate.

        Dan
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

        Location: SF East Bay.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by danlb View Post
          Today I noticed a post that told about the most recent Samsung phones and watches which now have some new features. Several of them are good things to have for heart disease patients.

          First was the "Watch 3" model that can do a simple 1 trace EKG without any external equipment. I printed out a trace that showed that I would sometimes have palpitations. The EKG showed skipped beats and my Cardiologist was impressed. It will also detect and log arrhythmia.

          Next is a SPo2 blood oxygen saturation sensor. It's built into the back oft he watch and the back of the Galaxy S9+ phone. Both will tell me if my oxygen levels are low.

          Then we have the new one. It's a blood pressure monitor based on the pulses of freshly oxygenated blood. Yes, it will take your blood pressure and share it to your phone for tracking trends.

          And, of course, it counts your pulse rate.

          Dan
          So Star Trekkie!
          Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

          Comment


          • J Tiers Jerry, I hope that's not for what I fear it may be. My sympathies if it is.

            danlb Progress is good. My wife had a monitor implanted (temporarily) and it came with a box to read the data off it and send it down the phone. She collapsed (she's fine now), we read the data, called them up to send it. "Oh we haven't got the kit to receive data from that unit." In the end, a company in the US did me a favour and I sent the data over a transatlantic call to them and then they emailed me a PDF. What did I learn? Never try to send whiskey (or any alcohol) by mail order as a thank you in the US..... it's unreasonably difficult!

            Me? I've been poking holes in the plasterboard ceiling....to let the rainwater drip into the buckets rather than tracking to other places and wrecking more. Ooh, fun.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by danlb View Post
              Today I noticed a post that told about the most recent Samsung phones and watches which now have some new features. Several of them are good things to have for heart disease patients.

              First was the "Watch 3" model that can do a simple 1 trace EKG without any external equipment. I printed out a trace that showed that I would sometimes have palpitations. The EKG showed skipped beats and my Cardiologist was impressed. It will also detect and log arrhythmia.

              Next is a SPo2 blood oxygen saturation sensor. It's built into the back oft he watch and the back of the Galaxy S9+ phone. Both will tell me if my oxygen levels are low.

              Then we have the new one. It's a blood pressure monitor based on the pulses of freshly oxygenated blood. Yes, it will take your blood pressure and share it to your phone for tracking trends.

              And, of course, it counts your pulse rate.

              Dan
              One of my fitness watches will do blood oxygen and blood pressure but does not do heart rate. I've worn it long enough to verify that my oxygen and pressure are in the normal range during my activities and then went back to the watch that does pulse rate as it lets me know which activities are good exercise. I've been surprised at what raised my pulse rate.

              Comment


              • current project, 2 new foster pups. First one was found in a sealed box in a dumpster, no idea about the second one. Both are getting on like a house on fire and pestering our dog whenever they can get close enough. They're between 2 and 3 months old.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	lilly 1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1932206
                Click image for larger version

Name:	lilly 2.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1932207
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Nikki 1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1932208
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Nikki 2.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1932209

                the last ankle shark we had should be with his new family already, hopefully he's getting on ok.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                  current project, 2 new foster pups. First one was found in a sealed box in a dumpster, no idea about the second one. Both are getting on like a house on fire and pestering our dog whenever they can get close enough. They're between 2 and 3 months old.
                  Good of you to take them in.
                  Puppy sealed in a box and put in a dumpster like rubbish? To be crushed to death?
                  The person who did that should suffer a more gruesome fate.

                  Comment


                  • yes, my thoughts exactly. They'll get plenty of love and food here until we can pass them on to their permanent families. that way be can do a little good AND get to play with new puppies!

                    Comment


                    • Got the second Jab. (Moderna) In about 2 weeks we should be reasonably immune.



                      Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

                      Location: SF East Bay.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                        yes, my thoughts exactly. They'll get plenty of love and food here until we can pass them on to their permanent families. that way be can do a little good AND get to play with new puppies!
                        I've never had any foster pups, but I've had many foster dogs, mostly greyhounds.
                        Foster dogs are always a lot of fun. Happy to be in a home, eager to lean and please, thrilled to be out on a walk and meet the public. Rarely any issues (other than the usual health updates). except from the males who seemed to devote their time outside to marking every immovable object.

                        Comment


                        • that's cool, my Dad just adopted a greyhound from a rescue place in the UK (he's in the UK). He wanted an easy going dog that liked walks but didn't need to exercise every day, and it sounds like a perfect fit. A 6yr old ex-racer who's happy lying at his feet most of the day. The main reason we're leery of fostering older dogs is that we have 3 cats as well and we're worried about bad interactions between them.

                          Comment


                          • Nice, MB ! Is that a 10"? Is the Nardini yours or where you work?

                            I'll bet that is a fairly expensive chuck. D1-5 mount, right?

                            Dan
                            Salem, Oregon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Danl View Post
                              Nice, MB ! Is that a 10"? Is the Nardini yours or where you work?

                              I'll bet that is a fairly expensive chuck. D1-5 mount, right?

                              Dan
                              Yes, work, yes, yes. It worked out really well. I had a chuck and couldn't find a buyer as D1-5 lathes are rare. My company needed a chuck and struggled to find a good deal as D1-5 chucks are rare. So we made a deal that was mutally benificial.
                              21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                              1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

                              Comment


                              • I got offered the Daewoo A20 lathe at work today for scrap price it seems. Nice lathe, but they've been mean to it. I'm not sure if I really need that much machine right now for my own place. I'd have to rent or borrow a forklift. And then I'd need some way to power it.

                                I'll do an inspection soon (a much better inspection than last time) and see if it's worth my time. 'Twould be another big project.
                                21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                                1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X