No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a couple brake caliper ducts the other day.

Andy

Comment

Went to the day job.

Then came home and took the requested pictures of my new DRO for the DROPROS website.

Comment

Finished up a Gear and Geartrain

The gear is 1" thick, 15.5" OD with a 2-3/16" bore.
        Material is Mic 6 Al.
        The gear train is spring loaded, 1/2" plates, 12" long.
        Motor is a gearhead Pittman with encoder.
        MXL timing belts drive the 1" worm, 3.2:1

Lenord

Comment

Finished a Harmonic Drive mount

A harmonic gearbox telescope mount. It's a shop pic, not installed where it needs to go yet.

The R.A. pipe is 24" long, 6" diameter.

Comment

Went to a friends tin shop & cut a half sheet full length to reface part of
            the front on my old 1970 camp trailer.
            Brought it home, another friend came over to help get it put on. IF the DAP has cured enough by tomorrow. I'll prime and get it painted.
            Over the last three weeks between snows and cold spells I've sanded it all down and painted the outside. It's 21' long. Two tone. Bright baby blue about like the ? at the bottom on this page: top 16" and bottom 30", center 30" is white. Sure dressing this old trailer up nice.

Am also welding a 3' extention on the back end of frame rails, new bumper and metal box 3'x3'x 7' long w/metal doors to house two spares, generator, gas jugs and gas bottles, some extra storage for other tools. I use this mostly for summer camping in the mtns and elk/deer hunting in early Nov out here in CO.

Comment

Started building a foundry sand muller,only $300-400 left to go
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I finished these last night. They are battery cutoff switches for a couple friends race cars. One for a Camaro, one for a Mustang. They could be bought from a catalog, but these have a little more style.

Comment

Still doing bleeding electric motors.
                  Oh Wait is that something different I see being delivered ?

Yup two of those giant ball busting transformers with the 1,400A terminal snapped off...........................sigh................ ............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by gldwight
                    Went to a friends tin shop & cut a half sheet full length to reface part of
                    the front on my old 1970 camp trailer.
                    Brought it home, another friend came over to help get it put on. IF the DAP has cured enough by tomorrow. I'll prime and get it painted.
                    Over the last three weeks between snows and cold spells I've sanded it all down and painted the outside. It's 21' long. Two tone. Bright baby blue about like the ? at the bottom on this page: top 16" and bottom 30", center 30" is white. Sure dressing this old trailer up nice.

Am also welding a 3' extention on the back end of frame rails, new bumper and metal box 3'x3'x 7' long w/metal doors to house two spares, generator, gas jugs and gas bottles, some extra storage for other tools. I use this mostly for summer camping in the mtns and elk/deer hunting in early Nov out here in CO.
                    Be sure and post a picture when done, sounds really neat.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by medwards
                      I finished these last night. They are battery cutoff switches for a couple friends race cars. One for a Camaro, one for a Mustang. They could be bought from a catalog, but these have a little more style.
                      They are really sharp, lets see two to go and none for you, that seems fair

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
                        They are really sharp, lets see two to go and none for you, that seems fair
                        I don't have a race car to put one one right now. I spent all that money on Machinery. I did order an extra switch and rod end to build my own when that time comes.

Comment

Now that I am gainfully unemployed again, my brother and I are doing a proper job plumbing the big shop compressor with air lines throughout the shop. We're about 3/4's done.

Unfortunately, I now have to go build a new PC since mine crashed hard. What a nuisance. I am typing this on my daughter's laptop while she is at school. There'll be heck to pay if she catches me, LOL.

Cheers,

BW
                          ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                          Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                          http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Sounds all too familiar Bob...my laptop screen died, so I'm using my wifes computer. She's getting a little pissed about me leaving screens open, always having my email up, etc.

Laptop is too old to get a new refurbished screen for...damn Toshiba's.

I too need to plumb the garage with compressed air...speaking of which, I need to make a post about that.

Comment

I stood in the garage, amazed by the mess, annoyed by my inability to walk from one side of the garage to the other without moving something.

Now I think I'm going to start making a pile of stuff to take to the scrap yard, make the fixture to finally hang my damn ladder. Take up some more wall space, and make the floor more bare looking.

Then I'm going to wake up from my dream, take a shower and then a nap.

Not a productive day.

Comment

HA...I lied. Just got my hydraulic press mounted on wheels, and found a piece of the floor that I haven't seen in a year.

Tomorrow I'm going to move my welding bench and mount my pipe bender to the press. Might also run to Home Depot to get some 2x8's to start building a small stock rack on the base of the press...might have to beef up the wheels if I do that though.

This organizing thing is fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X