What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gellfex View Post
    Just not so easy getting up and down a hundred times as it was 20 years ago!
    It's because these modern floors are so much further away!

Re-jet-washed the patio because...if you want something done properly... 2/3 of the way through it started raining a bit but I carried on....and then the heavens opened to the point I was probably making the stones less wet by pointing the jet-wash at them!

Comment

• Originally posted by eKretz View Post
      . . .saw a brand new bike in the dumpster at Target! Not sure why they were tossing it . . .
      Somebody probably stole it then got cold feet!

Southwest Utah

Comment

• Was going to clean the shop, which is a mess, due to not getting in there much except to put things down somewhere. Didn't happen, too nice outside (looked like it was going to rain, but didn;t). Did outside work, yard work, weeding, mowing and so forth. Then went to the neighborhood Wednesday concert. Tom Hall, a local blues player.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

• I fired up the burn pile. Sucker was burning a good 20 feet high for a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220818_155848.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	6.66 MB
ID:	2013336

Comment

• Total FUBAR.
            8" diameter bronze bearing.

Accidental Rapid Move, ripped the part out of the 3 jaw chuck. Hit it with the back of the tool.

Click image for larger version  Name:	accidental rapid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	2013344

Comment

• Let's see, what did I do today..

Took a call at 9 this morning from the cops. One of my best friends an ex brother in law who was ailing took an overdose of his drugs to end it and succeeded. Seems I'm now the sole heir and executor.
              Certainly not a fun day and am not looking forward to administering everything with a greedy angry estranged family pissed at me.

Well I was going to whittle a part on the mill today so that sorta counts.

Comment

• My vacation is over, back to work, sitting at LaGuardia waiting on a very delayed flight. If I could I would go back home right now and never touch another airplane.

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                  My vacation is over, back to work, sitting at LaGuardia waiting on a very delayed flight. If I could I would go back home right now and never touch another airplane.
                  Well, you could hope that a wheel falls off in mid flight and you have to do a wheels-up landing - that would be exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Well, you could hope that a wheel falls off in mid flight and you have to do a wheels-up landing - that would be exciting.
                    The most likely scenario besides the hydraulic system failure I had before vacation would be a Lipo battery fire over the Pacific Ocean and having to ditch and most likely dying. Lipo battery fires are immune to all of our strategies and the only thing we can do is get on the ground before we lose control. 20 minutes max.

Comment

• All you assholes want your Lipo batteries and no one cares about a small cargo plane crew

Comment

• RB. I’ll refrain from becoming too critical, but you’re a volunteer, no?

I wish you could have met my Dad. He went down after 18 missions piloting a B24. A couple of which were over Ploesti oil refineries. Spent a long time in a POW camp near Sagen, Germany. Pretty tough duty for pretty low pay.

You, can at least walk if the going is too tough

I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                        Oregon, USA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim Clarke View Post
                          RB. I’ll refrain from becoming too critical, but you’re a volunteer, no?

I wish you could have met my Dad. He went down after 18 missions piloting a B24. A couple of which were over Ploesti oil refineries. Spent a long time in a POW camp near Sagen, Germany. Pretty tough duty for pretty low pay.

You, can at least walk if the going is too tough

Golden handcuffs, we all have our price.

Comment

• Those incendiaries ought to go by boat. They are bad enough just on the possibilities, but when you consider where they were made, that they were made by the lowest cost vendor, and the quality history of the places they were made, it's less than reassuring.

There have been comments on the forum about batteries that were being charged "deciding" to catch fire and burn down the shop. It's not so common, but how would you know that "that" battery was dangerous, but "this" one of the exact same type is OK? At least you can see (or smell, if you have not had covid) a leaky gas can.

Are they worse than gasoline? No. Do we keep gasoline in plastic pouches together with ignition materials? Also no.

Even Boeing had problems with lithium batteries, and those were specially designed for aircraft use. There are better choices showing up, lithium batteries that you can even drive a nail through without causing bad results, other varieties that do not have the same hazard as standard ones.

I still prefer NiCd and nickel metal hydride batteries. If NiCd had battery monitors like lithium batteries do, NiCd would last a very long time. NiCd batteries fail because you abuse them.
                            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

• Aah yes the ubiquitous golden handcuffs! Been there. I agree on the Lipo scenario, planes have worked fine without them for 80 years. You'd think they could save 200 pounds somewhere else to get rid of that time bomb you fly with.

Comment

• Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                                Aah yes the ubiquitous golden handcuffs! Been there. I agree on the Lipo scenario, planes have worked fine without them for 80 years. You'd think they could save 200 pounds somewhere else to get rid of that time bomb you fly with.
                                The batteries are inside the goods that I am transporting. Laptops, cell phones, almost everything these days that run on batteries. They cook each other off.

Comment

Working...
                                X