Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
    took the ford out of the storage unit
    I think you could literally fit my entire "shop" in the back of that. Probably wouldn't be enough weight to slow it down appreciably either!

Comment

• ^ dunno, it ain’t fast but it makes some power. 557 cubic in, (460 bored and stroked)
      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

^ dunno, it ain’t fast but it makes some power. 557 cubic in, (460 bored and stroked)
        Nice. What year is it? I had a 1979 F-150 with a Cleveland 351 a long, long time ago. It wasn't an extended cab but it had a 6" lift kit and large cooper tires.

Comment

• Same as u!
          "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

Comment

• I worked on my Planishing hammer I'm building, got it to working?????

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
            Oregon Coast

Comment

• I re-read all of "shop made tools". Again.

Comment

• Fixin someone elses fixins.

Andy

Comment

• Adding connectors while I'm at it. Needed to replace that rear section of the front subframe anyhow because of rust.

Andy

Comment

Do those four Rotary lift units communicate wirelessly? Or is there a connecting harness that has been removed whilst the lifts are locked in place during service?

Comment

• Wireless communication, cordless for power

Comment

Wireless communication, cordless for power
                        VERY nice !

I was aware that wheel-lift units are available, but not that the nuisance of the cables had been dispensed with. Eyes up w/o concern for stumbling over ground snakes. A lot of utility there in that package.

Heartening to see sturdy stands in place, too. With castors, no less.

Comment

• Stands are rated for same as lifts 13,000lb each. Castors are spring loaded so as weight settles the stand “locks” to floor. Raise and lower mechanism is also spring loaded. Well designed

Comment

Stands are rated for same as lifts 13,000lb each. Castors are spring loaded so as weight settles the stand “locks” to floor. Raise and lower mechanism is also spring loaded. Well designed
                            I always wanted a lift when I used to work on cars for fun. Then at some point it stopped being fun working on them and became another chore; probably because I didn't have a lift!

Comment

• I only have one rule:
                              Do not do anything important on my daily driver (that’s what projects are for!)
                              Less stress and visits to Enterprise-rent-a-car

Comment

• Made oil channels for the cross slide and installed oilers. This was one of the more butt clenching things I have done. Began by measuring the area that will not leave the oil grooves exposed.

Not as pretty as Stefan Gotteswinters work which was my inspiration here. I did not make a push fit of the oiler either but used loctite(s cheap cousin) like he did. I used my burr-file to remove any burrs after grinding the channels and then used a round nosed felt polishing tip with compound to round over the edges of the channels slightly, to make the oil smear out instead of the channel acting as a wiper.

Next I will work on the saddle itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X