What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually I lied I made two
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Arc gouged, split wood, made a part for work, and tried out my new super spacer and coax indicator. Loooong day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221126_225712802.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	2026611

Name:	PXL_20221126_225703470.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	2026609

Mower is nearly gone.

Name:	PXL_20221127_031430958.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	2026610
      21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
      1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by ChazzC View Post
        Spent too much time replacing a 15 year old range hood, fixing things the original installer did wrong. Hardest part was getting the #%*%# GU10 bulbs installed.

Click image for larger version Name:	94071826-1743-4989-8E12-8359A825A2D3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	2026568
        My new range hood came with a suction cup to install those bulbs. Maybe you can get one for next time

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain K View Post
          My new range hood came with a suction cup to install those bulbs. Maybe you can get one for next time
          This one did, too: couldn’t get enough torque on the second bulb to turn it in the socket. Ended up popping the inside cover so I could get a purchase on the neck of the bulb to turn it. It looked like the contact in the socket wasn’t seated and needed some persuasion. The bulbs were the last thing I installed and I wasn’t going to take the whole thing down and argue with HD about shipping a replacement (nobody has beige/almond/bisque hoods in stock; I would have replaced the control board in the old one, but the lowest cost I found for a new one was $300).
          Avid Amateur Home Shop Machinist, Electronics Enthusiast, Chef, Indoorsman. Self-Proclaimed (Dabbler? Dilettante?) Renaissance (old) Man.

Comment

• Made a tool for a friend for a black powder weapon.

Don't know why the pictures show up so big on my PC. On my phone they are normal. I loaded them from the phone.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ImFred; 11-29-2022, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImFred View Post
              Made a tool for a friend for a black powder weapon.

Don't know why the pictures show up so big on my PC. On my phone they are normal. I loaded them from the phone.
              Nice work. On a laptop/desktop you can re-size photos by dragging the lower right corner of the photo (have to scroll to find the corner, and it may take several drags to get it to the size you want). On any device, you double-click the photo to open "Image Properties" and then use the pull-down to change the size:

Name:	HSM Forum Image Properties.png
Views:	405
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	2026985
              Depending on what you started with Medium usually works, but for screen shots Large or Full Size may be OK (the above is a screen shot and is "Full Size"). You can also choose "Custom," which allows you play with the width & height.
              Avid Amateur Home Shop Machinist, Electronics Enthusiast, Chef, Indoorsman. Self-Proclaimed (Dabbler? Dilettante?) Renaissance (old) Man.

Comment

• The Servo on my mill came to me without the gear cover.

Name:	20221102_134740.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	2027008

I finally decided to do something about it. Being unwilling to sacrifice a piece of stock that large, I determined that 4 in. ABS drain pipe would fill the bill. Starting with a piece about 7 in. long, I first cut a ring. Then I slit the remaining piece lengthwise, put it in the toaster over to soften and flattened it on the welding table.

Name:	20221102_130207.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	727.4 KB
ID:	2027009

Name:	20221102_130622.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	718.5 KB
ID:	2027010

Off to the lathe for some of what a lathe does best.

Name:	20221102_134604.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	2027011

et voilà!

Name:	20221102_134813.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	2027012

It's all mind over matter.
                If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Made a tool for a friend for a black powder weapon.

Touch hole liner and wrench? Looks good regardless!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChazzC View Post

Nice work. On a laptop/desktop you can re-size photos by dragging the lower right corner of the photo (have to scroll to find the corner, and it may take several drags to get it to the size you want). On any device, you double-click the photo to open "Image Properties" and then use the pull-down to change the size:

Depending on what you started with Medium usually works, but for screen shots Large or Full Size may be OK (the above is a screen shot and is "Full Size"). You can also choose "Custom," which allows you play with the width & height.
                    Thanks ChazzC​. I can re-size pictures ok. Maybe it's my PC that's making it so big. May be normal size for someone else. If I click on it it becomes the correct size. Loaded from phone and viewing from phone it's normal size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galaxie View Post

Touch hole liner and wrench? Looks good regardless!
                      Thanks, I only made the wrench.

Comment

Thanks ChazzC​. I can re-size pictures ok. Maybe it's my PC that's making it so big. May be normal size for someone else. If I click on it it becomes the correct size. Loaded from phone and viewing from phone it's normal size.
                        Fred, On my iPhone the photos are full screen, and the same on my MBA. Maybe they just look larger on your PC? Try shrinking them a little and see what you think.

Charlie

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3389.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	2027103

We have iron in our water and the water softener removes most of it, but not all of it. So things get stained, including the porcelain dishes. It builds up very slowly, but it reaches a point of no-ignoring. Today I cleaned them with muriatic acid. A 5 or 10 minute soak is all it takes. Longer might make a whiter result, but the dishes aren't pure white to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

ID:	2027103

We have iron in our water and the water softener removes most of it, but not all of it. So things get stained, including the porcelain dishes. It builds up very slowly, but it reaches a point of no-ignoring. Today I cleaned them with muriatic acid. A 5 or 10 minute soak is all it takes. Longer might make a whiter result, but the dishes aren't pure white to start.
                            Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Bar Keeper's Friend powdered cleanser? I have used it for rust stain removal on bathtubs, works awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

ID:	2027103We have iron in our water
                              ....and I thought WE had hard water!

Comment

• Originally posted by eKretz View Post

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Bar Keeper's Friend powdered cleanser? I have used it for rust stain removal on bathtubs, works awesome.
                                I haven't used BKF for dishes (there are dozens of them) ... it's so much easier to soak them. Outdoors, of course. For bathtubs, toilets, etc muriatic acid is totally out of the question due to its fumes. So thanks for the BKF recommendation for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X