No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Cenedd;n2050608]Looks nice though Jim. In case you need a wheel balancer, Clough42 has just successfully 3D printed one.... assuming you don't want to drop another few hundred on one

I saw that video, funny how cheap things can work OK. I need to find a balancing arbor, Acer sells one for $45 which is surprisingly cheap, and I was going to try a set of 2-4-6 blocks sitting on my surface plate as a balancing stand. I was shocked at the price of balancing equipment and used equipment is still a bit pricey.
    Jim

Comment

• Needed a better way to turn the lathe spindle for threading with small taps and dies. The expanding mandrel fits into the outer end of the spindle and accepts the hand wheel I had made many years ago for the Shopsmith headstock. The arms fold out as shown for more leverage.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by npalen View Post
        Needed a better way to turn the lathe spindle for threading with small taps and dies. The expanding mandrel fits into the outer end of the spindle and accepts the hand wheel I had made many years ago for the Shopsmith headstock. The arms fold out as shown for more leverage.
        Nice! My favorite thing is making accessories for my machines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Nice! My favorite thing is making accessories for my machines.
          Thanks! I enjoy the same. Been getting harrassed for things I post, so nice to get a compliment for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by npalen View Post
            Needed a better way to turn the lathe spindle for threading with small taps and dies. The expanding mandrel fits into the outer end of the spindle and accepts the hand wheel I had made many years ago for the Shopsmith headstock. The arms fold out as shown for more leverage.
            I made one of those, always fun when you forget it's installed and you turn on the spindle. Instant knuckle breaker. My 12" lathe with the VFD on the lowest gear will spin slow enough to tap with.

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post

I made one of those, always fun when you forget it's installed and you turn on the spindle. Instant knuckle breaker. My 12" lathe with the VFD on the lowest gear will spin slow enough to tap with.
              LOL Yeah, I need to remember to hit the latched Estop before installing.

Its a bit ironic that I've been looking for a 1 HP 3 phase motor for this lathe for several years to mate with a VFD that I'm not currently using.

The irony is that I found and ordered a motor just now after posting the thread. Oh well.

Comment

• npalen, I really like your idea, nice job!

Comment

• Given the wear on my mill, it helps to snug down the axes that I'm not moving in. (It's a horizontal mill, so which axis is X,Y, or Z is confusing.) The mill came with snuggers on the knee ways and on the in-out ways. But not the left-right ones. There was a set screw which wasn't very convenient, so I replaced it with a snugger of my own.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3677.jpg Views:	0 Size:	685.2 KB ID:	2051264
                  Last edited by Bob Engelhardt; 06-12-2023, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Picked up a few new toys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230530_190701.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	5.06 MB
ID:	2051292

Comment

• Fun! What are you going to do with 3 of them?
                      Southwest Utah

Comment

• Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
                        Fun! What are you going to do with 3 of them?
                        I'm only doing something with one of them. Picked up all 3, got paid with two. Gave one away to a buddy.

Comment

• Welding rust on my 2007 toyota yaris. Car has 420,000km on the odometer and I've driven it 350,000 of those myself on finnish salted roads for 16 years. Not too bad considering. I did give it a rust treatment when it was new to me, using oil.

Name:	image.png
Views:	344
Size:	904.8 KB
ID:	2051358

Comment

• Reserved this car to see it (and hopefully buy it) after midsummer

Name:	image.png
Views:	271
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	2051828

Comment

• I think I'm going to buy some degreaser and clean up my lathe some more

Comment

• Good luck on the purchase DennisCA. That looks like a really clean 900 turbo. Would love to find one as nice as that over here.
                                West Sussex UK

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎