Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Made a new 12g Ejector Kicker for an Arrietta sildelock, machined and filed from bar stock. All ready for heat treatment, polishing and final fitting !
    This is the finished item

    Here you can see the broken one and the replacement


    More pics in my album
    Knowledge withheld is knowledge lost

    Comment


    • finally got my woodworking project done, now I can have my workshop back







      Comment




      • the wife's happy because the shoes are now hidden away and I'm happy because I can now get to my mill now all that wood isn't in front of it. 100% scrap wood from pallets and curbside finds, only cost was for the hinges, door latch and stain (about $25).

        Comment


        • Great job, but it must be exhausting having to lift the unit and shake it upside down to get the shoes out. You should put some door handles to make it easier

          Comment


          • Helping our troops moving stuff to other places

            Comment


            • Nice looking project Matt. I like the innovative design.

              Comment


              • Nice work! I was wondering why it had an open back and "airy" sides until I saw the old dirty sneakers in there. Perhaps it should be lined with cedar.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                  Great job, but it must be exhausting having to lift the unit and shake it upside down to get the shoes out. You should put some door handles to make it easier
                  thanks, it's not that heavy really It has a magnetic touch latch (you can just see it in the 3rd pic) - push the door and it opens, push it and it shuts. I did it that way so I didn't have to make knobs for the doors.

                  Originally posted by DATo View Post
                  Nice looking project Matt. I like the innovative design.
                  thanks! All driven by what the wife wanted, I just put it together. Also, the dog occasionally steals shoes from the rack, so the doors should prevent that as well as keep the place looking tidy.

                  Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                  Nice work! I was wondering why it had an open back and "airy" sides until I saw the old dirty sneakers in there. Perhaps it should be lined with cedar.
                  thanks! They're not even teenagers yet *shudder*. At least they're girls, so hopefully it won't get too stinky in there.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                    thanks, it's not that heavy really It has a magnetic touch latch (you can just see it in the 3rd pic) - push the door and it opens, push it and it shuts. I did it that way so I didn't have to make knobs for the doors.

                    thanks! They're not even teenagers yet *shudder*. At least they're girls, so hopefully it won't get too stinky in there.
                    Ahh of course. I completely forgot about those push latches. Good call - push latches are nicer.

                    As for the sneakers, yea, you should install a dryer vent behind and vent the aromas outside. Girls get swamp feet too

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      Girls get swamp feet too
                      Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                        Girls get swamp feet too
                        That's why IPA comes in spray cans! It's a little drying to the skin but it kills the bacteria that cause the stink stone dead. One of the secrets to a happy marriage that!

                        Comment


                        • Made the other 4 door stops for house. I made one last week and made a video on it, just in case you didn’t see it here is my YouTube video. https://youtu.be/_lhnsGc89Xc


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Depending on where the door stop is located, it may be safer to use a spring rather than a rigid post:

                            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5582/202033976

                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                              Depending on where the door stop is located, it may be safer to use a spring rather than a rigid post:

                              https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5582/202033976

                              Where's the fun in buying a spring door stop? A machinist would incorporate a spring in the post and probably a latching mechanism so the door would stop without breaking anything and stay open until one wanted it to close.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RMinMN View Post
                                Where's the fun in buying a spring door stop? A machinist would incorporate a spring in the post and probably a latching mechanism so the door would stop without breaking anything and stay open until one wanted it to close.
                                Turn a tapered mandrel, and wind your own spring

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X