How many guys would wear a HSM hat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many guys would wear a HSM hat?

If Geo had a nice logo on a hat that would make it obvious that you were a Home Shop Machinist and not an HSM'er, would you wear it? I'd sure like one as I'd like to be able to meet others with the same interest. Anytime I run across a fellow machinist I end up being entertained and usually walk away having learned something. Maybe Geo could put a nominal fee on them or even mail them out for people who manage to get a tip published in the magazine? Anybody else think it's a good idea? Or maybe this, you could only wear the hat if you had something published? (no. I've never had anything published!) I need something to wear to church on Sundays
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

im in on this one id ware the hat for sure ,, and not just to church

Comment

I might wear one to machinery auctions... :P
      Not sure about elsewhere unless it was really cool.. And for me, really cool basicly means 'more or less plain black except a 1~2" by 1" logo that looks decent and not about some lame company.' And by lame company I basicly mean.. any company...

Like I might wear a [Home Shop Machinist] hat.. but maybe not a [HopeShopMachinist.Net] logo hat. Unless the url was maybe really small.

I *MIGHT* wear a hat with a tiny 'GMT' sublogo on it somewhere *hint hint* But probley not one with glacern machine tools spelled out on it. Maybe GMT with glacern.com below it in very small print.
      Last edited by Black_Moons; 03-14-2010, 12:00 AM.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

It would have been handy to have today when I was waiting for our group that I have never seen before.

Steve

Comment

Id wear one, if they were available.
          Davo

Comment

Only if they have trucker mud flap chicks on them Sure, I would wear one, but I might not spend the money on one.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo
              It would have been handy to have today when I was waiting for our group that I have never seen before.

Steve
              It would also draw some attention/tips for you while garage sailing (correct spelling!) and doing the flea market circuit. People know what your interest are and it might net you some machine/tool leads.
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

The hat

How does it go with the tin foil hat?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

Comment

I would wear a HSM hat
                  Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. ..

Comment

I think that a good logo for it would be a co-ax indicator mountd in a round column mill.

Comment

If it fit good and looked good I would wear one. One size does not fit all in shoes or in hats. There is no such thing as a cheap gimmie hat that looks good.
                      Byron Boucher
                      Burnet, TX

Comment

I don't like wearing hats. I like my fabulous loaf of hair to be able to run free and feel the breeze. How 'bout a T-shirt? I'd definitely go for that.
                        Stuart de Haro

Comment

I wear hats all the time, especially in the shop as the bill is great for warning me when I am about to smack my face with something.

but they have to be kinda specific.. no trucker hat, decent quality and black.. I guess you can say a typical golf style hat..

I also think it would be cool if GMT got involved, say their GMT logo on the back.

Heck, they may have a hat already and just need to add home shop machinist..

Comment

Hats and shirts with logo! Both are great idea. Just about every other special focus group has them! In farming country, look around for the hats carrying tractor logo's, seed logo's etc. In the shooting sports areas you see all the gun mfg logo's

When I was a kid, you got those for free, just so they could let you advertise for them. Now you sometimes are expected to pay 15 - 20 bucks to advertise for 'em!

I'd preferr a golf or any kind of collared shirt thou, as I won't wear a T shirt as an outer garment. (Every time I do I get a nasty sunburn on the back of my neck! Ouch! ! ! ! )

As for the hat, Please don't go with a light color. Too easy to start showing dirt! My work shirts and jeans do enough of that.

A dark green or maroon would be my choice of colors!

Perhaps someone in the group with some artistic talents could, or would like to show a suggested logo!

Come you artistic guys, step up and show your suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by doc-zeus

As for the hat, Please don't go with a light color. Too easy to start showing dirt! My work shirts and jeans do enough of that.

!
                              I rather like the idea of a pre-oil-stained hat on the bill where your thumb and fingers adjust your hat. Maybe a little around the brim to like sweat. Add a dab of pidgen droppings to the bill and a power plug to the back and we'd be set to go !!

Where's Geo?

Comment

Working...
                              X