Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What combination of CNC transformers to offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What combination of CNC transformers to offer?

I have several hundred high quality transformers with 110/220 primaries and 20v ct @ 5A RMS secondaries. My plan is to have one of the kids sell these things on Ebay either 2 or 3 to a box, using the "all you can fit" boxes with suitable protection, of course

I realize the voltage is low but are these worth cascading in series for CNC use for 28-ish, 56-ish, 72-ish after rectification? How many should we offer in a pack to make it worth while. We're thinking maybe 2/$20 plus shipping so maybe 3/$25.

We had these made some years back for continuous use in telecom test gear. I think we paid around $80 each at the time, US made in New England.

Den

Sell as is.
    They are ideal for the simple Allegro chips and the L something, something, something series of chip that need about 30 volts to run safely.

If they are doing a full 4 axis machine they could use two, one for X and Y and one for Z and A

Funnily enough I recently bought 12 of these off Ebay Uk for the same purpose

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by nheng

We had these made some years back for continuous use in telecom test gear. I think we paid around $80 each at the time, US made in New England.

Den
      Den,
      May I ask who made them? just curious, as I used to work at a small transformer place in NH.

-Al

Comment

Al, Could've sworn they were Merrimack Magnetics but unpacked a few and they were made by ETC. I don't recall where ETC is from, do you? They may have been sourced by several companies as they were made to print.

Comment

No,ETC does not ring a bell.

I worked for a small place in southern NH called "New Hampshire Transformer", which closed up in 1999 when the owner died rather unexpectedly. I also worked for a short time for the precursor to RMS up in Dunbarton.

Comment

There was a transformer co. located in Westfield Ma until recently, They did alot of short run custome stuff. ???

Comment

Working...
            X