No announcement yet.

Anybody here Irish that will admit it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here Irish that will admit it?

I won't hold it against you and Happy St. Patricks Day........he was a machinist right?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Scottsirish here.

Happy St. Practice Day.

Comment

So what's wrong with it that we wouldn't admit it?

Straight-up Irish catholic descent... from my Hanafin grandparents. Family from the South East Coast area.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

likewise I'm sure

Comment

Here too

Here too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Patrick%27s_Day

Comment

I'm a mutt, but got some o' the green in me. Mostly Danish though, more viscous, until we calmed down and stopped being pirates and vikings. I think Conquering England around 1000 AD cured us of any desire to own people. I assume the red color of Danmark stood for blood of the enemy. 1/4 Danske Mond!

Comment

Of 8 great grandparents:
              2 English
              2 Swiss
              1 Scot
              1 French
              1 Chippewa
              1 Unknown, an intinerant rapist, could be related to anyone of low moral character.
              Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
              ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye
                Of 8 great grandparents:

1 Unknown, an intinerant rapist, could be related to anyone of low moral character.
                That could be anyone in Government..................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                  That could be anyone in Government..................
                  Too true, but in this case I doubt it. None of us went into politics. No disrespect to welders intended, but grandpa grew up to be a very good welder in the Buick tool room.
                  Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                  ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Scottish, by way of Eire. Kilgour, it was spelled. Dour perfectionism leavened with blarney, a combination perhaps unwelcome on either side, so five brothers came to the colonies in the mid 1700s, bless their beatin' 'earts.

Happy Day, mates! Here's to ya!

Mark

ps - as for wayward kinsmen, Uncle Lumpkin is reputed to have waylaid the Sheriff by unloading a blunderbuss at him from behind a gravestone. Outcome unrecorded. And, me Dad was a politician.

Comment

Hmmm

Norwegian, N. English/ lowlander Scots, Unknown Scandanavian, Irish are the lines I know about.

Family legend says the Irish part came to Canada as destitute tradesmen during the potato famine to work on a section of the Rideau canal. If so, that branch of the family tree has been in Canada since the mid 1800s. The Irish branch married into a Scandanavian family (Hughson) that hacked a farm out of the bush +/- 40 miles away from Fort Henry about the same time.

The most recent immigrants to Canada in the assorted lines came to Canada from Oslo, Norway roughly 100 years ago. All came to Alberta by roughly 90 years ago.

Can I still claim Irish descent?
                      Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Originally posted by knudsen
                        I'm a mutt, but got some o' the green in me. Mostly Danish though, more viscous, until we calmed down and stopped being pirates and vikings.
                        So are you thick and sticky like way oil?

Comment

My gran was born of Irish parents living in Scotland
                          Grandad was English born of German parents..

I was conceived and born in Montreal, Canada to an Italian father I've never met..having moved back to the UK at two months old.

One day I will move back to the homeland..claim my 1/2 million acres and live happily on benefits..

Rob

Comment

Me too, and happy St. Patricks Day to all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_s
                              So are you thick and sticky like way oil?
                              Only my adipose tissue

Comment

Working...
                              X