No announcement yet.

Today it's the reverse Midas touch.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today it's the reverse Midas touch.....

I'm taking a break right now because today I seem to have the reverse Midas touch. You remember King Midas. Anything he touched turned to gold. So far today, everything I've touched has turned to ----.

You'd think any dweeb would be able to press eight bearings onto eight small shafts in far less than two hours. Not me, not today. The bearings are supposed to have spacers behind them. Forgot one spacer and had to pull the bearing, which ruins the bearing. Did the same thing again, so now two new bearings are shot. Dropped something and it rolled to the farthest corner under the workbench, behind all the cobwebs, dust, swarf and grime. The lowering mechanism on the hydraulic press table broke, made a spacer to help with pulling the bearing and screwed that up, tried to make a ring to help with pressing on the new bearings and screwed that up. Buggered up one shaft trying to press the bearing. Set something down on the workbench and it disappeared. Took me 15 minutes to find it, right there on the workbench.

This was only supposed to take a few minutes.

Do you suppose St. Patty is mad at me for not wearing green?

Perhaps I should just take the afternoon off and go fishing. But now that I think about it, I'd probably fall into the lake. It's 68 and sunny outside today, so maybe I'll just set up the hammock and practice my competition napping technique.

Nuts.

About half way thru that, it sounds like it would have been time to turn off the lights and go have a beer!

Craig

Comment

Just one of those days I guess.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Good news is, regression to the mean says tomorrow should be much better!

Mark

Comment

Made four screws for an old four jaw chuck once, beautiful job only they were supposed to be left hand thread. One should put ones brain in gear before starting the machine, right, Peter
          The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Regressing

Originally posted by Mark K
            Good news is, regression to the mean says tomorrow should be much better!

Mark
            That's providing that you don't get "donged" by that bloody "bell curve".

I do a lot more regression in my mind (what's left of it) as I get older - and I'm only 18 - I think.

I must have been a "backwards" child.

Comment

Greg I was going to say that I feel Your pain, but that would not be true....I'm feeling My own pain from today.
              Started out trying to remove the trailer hitch from the truck with My left shin, hitch is still in receiver. Next Trying to shear off a piece of plate in the ironworker, it shears half way . I look up and see the press brake accessory is in the way so I proceed to pinch finger sliding it back. Get the part sheared and when I bend down to pick it up off the floor and when I stand up I scrape some skin off My arm on the brake accessory that I shoved to far back while pinching the finger. I get over to the bench where I'm going to punch some center marks for drilling some holes when the punch rolls under the bench allowing Me to bang My head picking it up.
              I turned off the lights and locked up and left.

Steve

Comment

Its me!!!

Originally posted by gregl
                I'm taking a break right now because today I seem to have the reverse Midas touch. You remember King Midas. Anything he touched turned to gold. So far today, everything I've touched has turned to ----.

.................................................. .............

.................................................. ....................

This was only supposed to take a few minutes.

Do you suppose St. Patty is mad at me for not wearing green?

Perhaps I should just take the afternoon off and go fishing. But now that I think about it, I'd probably fall into the lake. It's 68 and sunny outside today, so maybe I'll just set up the hammock and practice my competition napping technique.

Nuts.
                I can relate to that 100%.

My problem is that I not only don't have King Midas in my back-ground but I am dead certain that I am very related to King Canute - specially with money and the shop!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Midas

and

Ruler of the waves
                Henry of Huntingdon, the 12th-century chronicler, tells how Cnut set his throne by the sea shore and commanded the tide to halt and not wet his feet and robes; but the tide failed to stop. According to Henry, Cnut leapt backwards and said "Let all men know how empty and worthless is the power of kings, for there is none worthy of the name, but He whom heaven, earth, and sea obey by eternal laws." He then hung his gold crown on a crucifix, and never wore it again.[87]
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Ca...r_of_the_waves

at:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Canute

Canute's heritage (legacy) seems to have a lot in common with Evan and "JT" (J Tiers) both, as I recall, have a Nordic back-ground.

Do you know that the heir-elect to the Danish (Denmark) throne is married to Princess Mary - who is an OZ girl - that was an Estate Agent (here) - "Realtor" in the USA? - who he met in a bar in Sydney (OZ) during the Olympics?
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mary_of_Denmark

So.

Lift ya games Evan and JT else Her Royal Highness will sort you right out - there tough those girls from Tasmania - convict stock - Port Arthur etc. - are a tough lot!!!
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur,_Tasmania

Comment

Working...
                X