No announcement yet.

Emergency plumbing patch, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eutectic solder is actually 63/37 if anyone cares.
    Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

i know this has already been fixed but something i have done to repair holes and cracks in copper tubing in the paper mill quickly was clean the copper brush on a lite coat of flux then wrap it with clean copper wire. then solder the whole mess we also would reinforce tubing with this method where it would get beat up.

Comment

I just discovered a pinhole leak in a water pipe in the basement. No damage done, my basement is wet anyway.

I suppose I'll be at he hardware store tonight.

Timely thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD

I think I can whip up a 2 piece clamp block with 10-24 screws and a piece of soft silicone hose I have that will fit in the tiny bit of space available between the pipe, tub pipe and a wall stud. I'm CAD'ing up a quick sketch to check clearance now.

Alt/Tab'ing back to TurboCAD now.
          If all else fails use a bit of two part epoxy, smear it on the back of the Turbocad drawing, wrap it round the pipe followed by 10 layers of duct tape

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Or rent an intelligent microbot and send it on a fantastic voyage through your water system with a micro glue gun. Don't forget the camera.
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Shut off the water, cut out as much of the bad section as possible, put in a new section with soldered joints and a union, call'r good to go. Don't mix metals or you'll be back in there again too damn soon.

Comment

I've seen nail holes in new Cu plumbing soldered shut and covered in new construction. Permanent repair?

I've soldered pipe split from freezing shut after peening it closed. It has lasted most of a decade so far.
                Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Working...
                X