A reason that old car buffs might want to visit here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reason that old car buffs might want to visit here

There is probably no other place like this left anywhere else. Williams Lake has an unusually high number of well restored old cars and trucks that hit the streets every summer. This place is why. The only time you can get these photos is this time of year and I finally decided to stop and take some pictures before the old guy who owns this non conforming property kicks the bucket. When he does all this will be crushed and baled. That won't be long now. The owner will not deal by mail or telephone. You have to talk to him face to face and the only inventory is in his head.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

wow..wish I could walk around his place. Neat Evan.

Comment

Clunkers

We've got a few like that in OZ too - but not snow-bound - and not as many either!!!

Is that where all the "cash for clunkers" stuff went or is good ol' 'merican iron for new BP's - or scrap to be made into China-clones?

Comment

There are maybe a thousand hidden back in the trees. It goes much further back than you can see in these pictures.

Comment

Thanks for the post. I'd cruise up that way just to get a look if I could. I'll bet there aren't many places like that left in either country.

BTW, I don't need to buy a vowel but would like to buy some chroma Might look even better in B&W.
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

This is an extremely monochromatic time of year here.

Comment

Used to be a lot of old car junkyards here in Michigan, and you could find them on farms etc.
                But A few years back they went on a kick where they would take aerial photos, then send out notices to clean up. Now there are only a few decent junkyards in my area, the 'recycling' companies are overpriced and pretty much just carry the interchangeable parts. If you need a car specific piece, you have to do some serious hunting.

Some friends and I used to get together and do junkyard runs, we knew just about everyone who owned or ran junkyards in a 50 mile radius of my house. Many would call me up when someone called and wanted them to haul a car I was interested in. I'd let them know what I was willing to pay, and they'd drop it off behind the garage.

worked out great.

Ken.

Comment

Don't suppose the resolution on Google is good enough for that area?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I lost my junk pile since they take aerial photos. As the farm still in the family there's no problems. If they sell it they have to decontaminate the site. At what cost???? It was only used farm machinery and old iron

Comment

Well I take things like this to heart like others so I went ahead and turned Mike and Frank onto this site from American Pickers

Have any items, a collection or junk you want to sell? Don't quite know what's in your barn or storage shed? Frank and Mike want to hear from you. Find out more at History.com

Hey you never know. Evan you might be getting a call or PM from them. Good luck with it. Maybe they can salvage some of that!

Cheers!

Eric
                      "To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" Thomas Edison

Better to have tools you don't need than to need tools you don't have

73's KB3BFR

Comment

Thanks! Not being a TV watcher I had no idea who to contact. I had that sort of idea in the back of my mind too. They can probably buy the entire lot for what to them might be coffee money. The place has been for sale now for over 40 years.

It is visible on Google Earth but the images were taken when everything is in full leaf and not much of it shows. There are hundreds of cars that are totally invisible except at ground level.

Comment

The local storage lot down the street from me has this mysterious Cessna Citation or possibly Lear Jet parked in their lot. Bits of aircraft are stacked about. We're miles and miles from the nearest airport.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by kendall
                            Used to be a lot of old car junkyards here in Michigan, and you could find them on farms etc.
                            But A few years back they went on a kick where they would take aerial photos, then send out notices to clean up.

Ken.
                            Ken, what was the justification for that? Old car collections/junkyards might be unsightly (to some) but they are rather benign.

Peyton

Comment

Originally posted by peyton
                              Ken, what was the justification for that? Old car collections/junkyards might be unsightly (to some) but they are rather benign.

Peyton
                              Because they can,and it justifies air time for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X