No announcement yet.

Simple taper turning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis a small world innit, if you need anything electrical or electronic sorting, then message me, thats my area.
    This is certainly one of the better forums, some of the others I tried are quiet, do you happen to know any myford groups Bill?, I've been looking.
    Been looking for ball ended centre drills, I dont have any, off to Rdg again.
    Last edited by dr pepper; 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM.
    Build it, bodge it, but dont buy it.

Comment

Always good to know where to find an electronics expert - not my area.

You are probably aware of this group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/myfordlathes/

Sometimes some useful information.

You can use a ball end centre drill - this will produce a flared centre. You may not need one however. A large centre drill and a ball bearing retained with a bit of grease while you set the work up is quite feasible.

If you have a boring head (small cheap Chinese is fine) you can use this to dial in the tailstock offset you need without disturbing the tailstock. If you do this you need to ensure that you keep the boring head slide horizontal.
      Bill

Comment

No I didnt know about that, only problem is its yahoo, never liked them, still I joined and tried, lets ee what happens.

Comment

Turn it to "an advantage" make the scale on the cross slide. Just
          another interestiing job to do. :-)
          ...lew...

Comment

Good idea that, I have a protractor with a bent ruler section, might make a good addition to the top slide.
            This is my newly aquired ML4, the smallest machine I've worked on.
            And a picture of the compound slide as I said.

My scrap Ml4 has graduated scales on the compound slide, as soon as I can work out how to get them off I'll fit them too this.
            I hope this doesnt contradict forum rules but heres the other myford ML4, if anyone is interested in any parts off it, or the whole thing pm me.
            Last edited by dr pepper; 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X