Solvent wash tank outside. Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solvent wash tank outside. Fire?

I got tired of smelling the solvent tank and moved it outside on the west side of the building. I'm now thinking this may be a dumb idea as it could start fire when the sun heats it up in the summer. The solvent that is currently in it is PSC 1000. It says on the can the flash point is above 141F. Maybe I should move it back in the building or find some shade for it outside. Anyone else have their solvent tank outside?
    Steve
    www.AirGraver.com
    www.EngravingSchool.com
    www.EngravingForum.com
    www.EngravingClasses.com
    www.EngravingLessons.com
    www.EngravingGlossary.com

141 F is the flash point, not the auto ignition point. For comparison, diesel 's flash point is only a couple of degrees more but it's auto ignition point is up around 410 F. I think you are good to go leaving your washer right where it is.

Comment

I think it's a fire hazard, but only if you have bored teenagers in the area........ That's why I'd want it locked up.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Yea definately put a lock on that. Even just a puny lock, enough to keep away bored mildly destructive teenagers.
        (Bored teenagers come in varying levels of destructiveness, some will only muck around with unsecured stuff, not 'break' into locked areas..)
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

If it is any sort of fire hazard it is better outside anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X