Rotary Table Gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Table Gloat

I got what I think is a pretty good deal on a Rotary table. I didn't measure but I think its about a 10" for $250.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_1331.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_1330.jpg

Looks like a monster! Hope you're picking it up in person...and bringing Mongo with you to lift it!

David
    David Kaiser
    “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Yes I did pick it up in person. It is a monster but luckily I have a small walk behind forklift for moving it.

Comment

Ha ha, Anagram for Mongo!

That is a big looking table. It also looks as though it can be adjusted for an angle as well.

Nice score.
        rock~
        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Yes it rotates as well as tilts. Everything seems to work very smoothly. Has a strange top on it with lots of tapped holes.

Comment

Toward the end of this video, Sol shows one use for the drilled plate. Work locating and holding.

http://glacern.com/index.php?page=vi...course_mill_05

Comment

That is what they call a fixture plate. It will come in handy holding all different shaped objects down.
              Dave

Comment

Awsome rotary table. Worth more then my chinese mill new.
                the top plate is a cool bonus too, looks like it has a normal 6 slot bottom under it, but the top plate will let you do some fixture work or just let you bolt your clamps in anywhere insted of just in the 6 slots (kinda annoying)
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

$250 well spent for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by DougA
                    Yes it rotates as well as tilts. Everything seems to work very smoothly. Has a strange top on it with lots of tapped holes.
                    Yes, but it appears to be fastened to a standard t-slotted table.

Comment

Looks like a good find ! However I wouldn't want to be the one to have to lift it onto the mill table. I didn't think the Jap stuff went back that far. It looks to be of older vintage. Well made for sure.

JL...............

Comment

I shudder to imagine what one of those would cost new many thousands for sure a great machine if not a heavy one.Well done if you can use it it's abeauty.Alistair
                        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Well here is my plan for the rotary table. Comments are welcome. I am partners in a company that sells industrial bandsaws. The most common small bandsaw I work on it the Hyd-Mech S-20. Excellent machine but the one weakness it has is it wheels. They tend to wear causing blade tracking issues. When the get bad I take the 16" wheels of and have a shop true them up then regroove them. My 13" colchester lathe isn't big enought to turn them. The plan is bolt the wheel to the table with a pin that fits into the center of the rotary table to center it. Run an endmill around the circumference then put the coolant grooves back in with a slotting cutter.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                          X