Screwdrivers for the UK guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwdrivers for the UK guys

You know those cheap screwdrivers sets that come in a blister pack with the drivers in a fan shape ?
    Often seen on market stalls ?

Well just got back from Tesco and they have a 22 piece set for £3.00 yup no typo, three quid.

Contains flat, Phillips, Torq, a scratch awl and one of those forked things for getting skinheads out of police horses hooves.

I bought a set just to loose and so save my better quality £4 set.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Sir John, you are a master at economics.

That part about removing skinheads from the horses hooves- is that so the policemens helmets don't knock down over their eyes?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

No, in those heady days before political correctness took over the police used to charge unruly crowds of skinheads, yobo's and other unsavoury characters with police horses.

Unfortunately the odd skinhead used to get trampled and they were forced to use either these forked shaped tools or the pointed bit on Swiss Army penknives to remove them.

Leatherman even brought a Metropolitan Police issue tool out but they missed the boat as public correctness had crept in by then and the animal right people were getting a bit uptight about police horses being abused.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Are you sure they arent steel plated copper?

IGMC

Dave
        Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Originally posted by small.planes
          Are you sure they arent steel plated copper?

IGMC

Dave
          For three quid ?????????? get real........ This is that bastion of public shopping experience, Tesco Ltd. not some dollar store.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up..

Aldi dont have anything of interest this week..so I was expecting I may have to do some gardening.

looks like you've rescued me..

Rob

Comment

Well, we wouldn't want the horses getting injured- maybe these will help

I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by darryl
                Well, we wouldn't want the horses getting injured- maybe these will help

These are to stop clip-clops geting coverd in plip-plops.
                John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Originally posted by jugs
                  These are to stop clip-clops geting coverd in plip-plops.
                  I thought they were lady gaga's new boots..

Rob

Comment

Screwdrivers for the UK guys

Had to re-read the last word of the title
                    John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

OK then, blokes, gorgers and mates, that better ?

Comment

Helmet

I do sympathise with you John. Its hard to deal with the metro-sexual types that have regular experience with the under-neath part of that part with a head like a coppers (London "Bobbies"??) helmet.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                          I bought a set just to loose and so save my better quality £4 set.

Just one set? That will never work,properly done they are bought by the wheel barrow load and distributed around the shop with a scoop shovel.

Best method is to throw them on the floor,saves time
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                          X