MK5 arbor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK5 arbor question

I have this mk5 arbor for my horizontal mill. I am not sure what type of tool would be mounted on it. Any idea's?

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Originally posted by Black Forest
    I have this mk5 arbor for my horizontal mill. I am not sure what type of tool would be mounted on it. Any idea's?
    A shell end mill or an indexable insert facemill.

Tim

Comment

Shell Mill

The arbor is for one of these They are called Shell Mills or Face Mills and come in a verity of diameters.

Here is a link to a video of a Shell Mill
      Visit my site for machinist videos free charts & more

Machinist Classifieds Free Listing

Comment

thank you for the answers. Can I assume the four tapped holes would be to help secure a very large facemill and not just use the center tapped hole?

The outside diameter of the arbor is 90mm and the smaller shaft is 40mm.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Black Forest,

Your assumption is correct.

Regards,

Danny
          ---------------------------
          Wer anderen etwas vorgedacht, ....... When you propose a solution for someone's problem,
          wird jahrelang nur ausgelacht. ....... you will be ridiculed for years.
          Begreift man die Entdeckung endlich, ....... When the discovery is finally understood,
          so nennt sie jeder selbstverstÙ†ndlich. ....... everyone will say it is obvious.
          -- Wilhelm Busch --

Comment

Working...
          X