OT:access to Mach 3 pdf documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:access to Mach 3 pdf documents

Recently Acrobat(legacy)on windows 98 not working because of missing dll files all of which I have been unable to replace.Old non used IE was recently removed.New editions of Acrobat require Windows reinstall which I hesitate to do.Foxit won't open.Would renaming files or other options work?

What version do you have?

I have several older versions around, why I am not totally sure, and may have one you can use. Whether they can be sent without every virus filter in the world lighting up I don't know.

be aware that old Acrobat does NOT read current files correctly in all cases. But if you just need access to particular ones, you can be fine.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

Appreciate the offer but there must be a way to open these files with another reader by renaming etc.This works with other files.I know there are some file converters but there must be a simpler way since these are simply pdf files with an adobe label.

Comment

legacy versions can be got here

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions/

Rob

Comment

The legacy adobe reinstall did the trick.For some reason Foxit doesn't seem as legible on my old computer-thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X