Northern Calif HSM get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Calif HSM get together

As promised I will be holding the April 2010 Northern California HSM get together at my house.

My humble shop will be up for inspection and welcomes your review. Who knows maybe I can get a few good suggestions on how to maximize my space. We can also have a mini swap-meet too perhaps. I know I have dozens of inserts I'll never use up in a life time - any and all suggestions are welcome

I'll supply the "Dead-Cow" for the Bar-B-Cue, (I'm thinking Tri-Tip) and everyone is welcome to bring a side dish or a pint of macaroni from the deli

We can swap Machine War stories and advice, have some good eats, a few beers and a good time for all

Please PM for address

I dunno how to PM on this board but I'm in Sacto I'm interested. larry

Comment

check your in box

Comment

No one interested

Comment

JoeFin,

I know this is no help but if I still lived in the Bay Area I would be there. I can't believe you don't have dozens of replies by now.

Jack.

Comment

NorCal is a big place, Joe .. where do you live?

Comment

Down town Rio Linda

Not far from the ARCO arena in Sacramento

Comment

Joe, count Me in. Let Me know what I can do to help.

Steve

Comment

I read "Northern Calif" as much further north. That might have something to do with the slight response.

I'm not sure if I can get there or not.

Dan
                  At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Since I mentioned we can do some swapping at the meet up this Saturday, I thought I would throw this out there

I got about 5 boxes too many of these inserts

There are a 6 sided insert for Stainless, and Hard Steel finishing. I just cut a recess on an old Ford 9" axle and they left a very nice polish like finish. Glad the insert was able to cut it. All the HSS did was lose it's edge

I also have 1 too many of these Fowler Dial Bore Gages

Works pretty cool - you just squeeze the trigger to suck in the pins and then release it slowly once inside the bore. I think they are both .0005"

Last edited by JoeFin; 04-25-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I'm in san jose, joefin, but the next few saturdays are taken. what date are you talking about, and is the invite only for people you know.

Comment

Gambler

Its open for ALL HSM members that want to attend.

This is what we are planning so far for May 1st

Any time after 11:00 AM arrival, open bull s**t and swap meet until 2:00 PM , BBQ starts promptly at 2:30-3:30, clean up 3:30-4:30, any one left after 5:00 will be shot.
                        No one is going to be shot - actually what is going to happen is my wife and all her Filipina friends will start their party at 6m. My wife and 1 of her friends will be there cooking up some side dishes for our Bar-B-Que as well.

Of course if your single, good looking, and have a good job the gals will invite you to stay. Although they'll have you married off to a Filipina Gal back in the islands before the night is out - Haha
                        Last edited by JoeFin; 04-26-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFin
                          Gambler

No one is going to be shot -
                          What's the point in going to Downtown Rio Linda for a BBQ if there aint going to be a shootin?

Oh, I guess there will be a swap meet and some purdy Island Girls

Steve

Comment

So Joe, how many rsvp's ? I'm wondering if we are going to have parking problems .

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo
                              So Joe, how many rsvp's ? I'm wondering if we are going to have parking problems .

Steve
                              LOL - 3 so far - Parking is not a problem

Going to be some good food and a some good times - these guys don't know what their missing. I'm working on getting the girls to cook up some side dishes for us

Comment

Working...
                              X