Suspenseful Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspenseful Reading

Just ordered Martin Cleeve's "Screw Cutting in the Lathe" I'm pretty sure that after a few good turns the villain will get screwed but what I really can't wait to see how it turns out is the suspense thriller "14,000 Gear Ratios" Will the number of teeth be able to overcome the plot by the various factors? I can hardly wait.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

IMHO it's a book well worth buying, If you can fully understand and grasp all of the concepts your far smarter than I am. Definately required reading.

Pete

Comment

Got the first one today. 14,000 Gear Ratios, First Edition, Third Printing. One curious thing I didn't remember is that the largest #of teeth used in any gear is 120. Not only is it dry reading, It's positively arid . I did get the Cleeve book on an inter-library loan (thanks to Eastern Illinois University)
      Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Good reading. I'm up to gear ratio 12,034, and have a hard time putting it down (I want to find out how it ends)

(it might also have something to do with the pot of hide glue I spilled on the cover, before I picked it up, too)
        No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

It is a real pot boiler no doubt

The thing I find irritating with Cleeve's book is his habit of dropping acronyms in the text all the time. It took me a while to figure out what SD stood for even though I knew it wasn't German

Comment

Working...
          X