Kurt vise at Enco special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt vise at Enco special

I was looking for some vise info and found that currently, Enco has Kurt vises on sale and is offering free shipping.

Just passing along the good word.

Here is the link for Enco's current deal - http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPAGE?P...cials/425-7640

Cheers
    rock~
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Weird, no D-688 Kurt.

Still kicking myself for not getting the 2nd D-688 vise and purchasing a Parlec with the same design, great vice, no problem there but would have preferred a matching set, all for a lousy $100 difference.
    Last edited by Ken_Shea; 05-10-2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Funny, that. I just sold my Bridgeport and the buyer was just replacing a really beat one so he had all his tooling and didn't want any of mine. I have a pretty clean Kurt D-688 I'm not going to need now. Where are you located?

metalmagpie
      in the Seattle area

Comment

In Ohio,
        I have two vices now, they just don't match, and I regret not spending the extra to get a matching Kurt D-688.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
          In Ohio,
          I have two vices now, they just don't match, and I regret not spending the extra to get a matching Kurt D-688.

Ken
          Clearly, you now need three vises.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
            Clearly, you now need three vises.
            If you insist

Comment

I got used to what I have, I'd have to re-engineer all my thinking if I had a vice accurate to .0002
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Now what is so magical about these very expensive vices admit it it's another status symbol? I can't see how they hold so much better than a cheaper model.Alistair
                Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Now what is so magical about these very expensive vices admit it it's another status symbol? I can't see how they hold so much better than a cheaper model.Alistair
                  If you have never used a cheap import vise or an old worn out Bridgeport brand vise, then you wouldn't see the difference. Kurt's are top grade, not "status symbols".

3jaw
                  "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                    That's not a fair statement Alistair, it was purchased because it is a quality vice and that was what I wanted.

Comment

Magical? No, but at least they don't do this:

Just for the experience, I fixed it:

http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Pr...iserepair.html
                      Cheers,

Frank Ford
                      HomeShopTech

Comment

Was that vise left out on the porch all winter?

Comment

hitnmiss
                          Was that vise left out on the porch all winter?
                          Oh lord, what is to be done with some of these guys?

Comment

Iv seen some of the cheaper import vises first hand on shop shelfs, it felt like grit was.. in the bearings and thread etc, the castings are generaly rough, sometimes missing features like properly milled bolt slots on the side, etc.

My kurt was SILK smooth the day I took it outta the box. the whole thing feels as precision as a high quality new mill or lathe, I don't have to worry about jaw lift, it just clamps near perfictly every time Iv bothered to measure, without beating on parts with a hammer or using rods or holddowns.

Im the last person to buy 'status symbol' things, I perfer cheapest thats highly functional. But when it comes to something like a vise that will hold 90% of your work, why would you settle for inaccuracy?
                            And honestly, $500 isent that much for a really high end machine tool that your going to be using most of the time. You can easily spend that much on a medium quality rotary table that you'll use only 10% of the time.
                            Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I wasn't being too serious with my question,actually I would never deny these are great vices and cannot compare with chinese eqivelent, but by thunder they aint exactly cheaply priced are they? What I suppose in a round about way I ask is when something is well held with a vice at half the price then can it be held any better with a kurt.I suppose it is a daft question as we all want good quality and I think if it's what you can afford buy it.In manyways just like a cheap car takes you from a to b just as easily as a rolls royce but then you want the luxury factor maybe in a way a kurt vice incorporates alot of luxury facors in it's price that's all I'm asking?Alistair sorry guys didn't mean to insult anyone.You can buy me one if you like anyone? anyone? anyone oh never mind .Alistair
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X