well getting there hopefully now! AT LAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well getting there hopefully now! AT LAST

I must start this thread with abig big thank you to John Stevenson who worked very hard to answer many questions I had many thanks again JOHN your a great guy.Alistair

Ok I finally worked very hard and the newish lathe I bought for bowlturning and the big lathe I have six feet + over the bed.My latest aquisition is a smaller but very nice denford woodturning lathe .I have converted them both to 3 phase and installed brand new invertors with full speed control to allow me to start turning some big pieces.I also changed in my woodshop a static transwave convertor to a rotary convertor with nice find a motor on ebay big enough to do the job.This was lots of hard work and bending down to get into tight spots for motor changes I now have my woodshop capable of running three phase machines up to 7.5 horse power.Now I can get myself back to working with wood and metal so am working on some shelves for my grandsons room which he has in our house.

Here is the viceroy details mine is the tds 6sb. with outboard inboard and tailstock these are beautiful little professional lathes mainly used in teaching establishments for training etc Alistair

http://www.lathes.co.uk/viceroy/page3.html
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Alistair, don't get something started. Thanking Sir John is just encouraging him. Before you know it he'll be off for another pot pie and a pint.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Ahh ha too late, just got back in, Tuesday, steak night £5.99 for a steak and a pint.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

[QUOTE=John Stevenson Tuesday, steak night £5.99 for a steak and a pint.
        [/QUOTE]
        Is that the same place You drug Me off to last year ?
        The steaks are so thin You can see through them and the beer is warm

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo
          Is that the same place You drug Me off to last year ?
          The steaks are so thin You can see through them and the beer is warm

Steve
          Hey, if it helps him feel dillusions of adequacy then who are we to complain?
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
            Hey, if it helps him feel dillusions of adequacy then who are we to complain?
            Bless you my son for these kind words.

I know it's a bastard of a job but on a Wednesday I have to knock off early and get down to another pub for five o'clock so I can get a two course lunch for £4.25
            Mind you in all fairness there is no drink included.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Actually, I rather like English beer.
              Perhaps I'm a closet Anglophile - CVA lathe, Senior Mill, Elliott shaper...
              No. Doesn't seem likely. Must just be the beer.

Michael

Comment

Working...
              X