In Search Of The Perfect CAD Drawing Bacground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search Of The Perfect CAD Drawing Bacground

I have tried untold numbers of CAD drawing backgrounds and have settled on this, pretty much.

Still looking for the best though, what do you use.

Here is what I am using with a simple model for contrast.
    Please note that the image is optimized for size, hope you do also,

I like it.

Comment

Lava is kind of cool (!)

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I always use a background called "Millennium" in Inventor, but also apply a gradient shading scheme. It fades from blue at the top to white at the bottom. I find this is the easiest on my eyes, white is to harsh.

And all my AutoCAD backgrounds are black. Don't know what Autodesk was thinking when they changed the default to a white background.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S
          Don't know what Autodesk was thinking when they changed the default to a white background.
          The Italian flag ? White cross on a white background ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I use a two tone blue background for all of my cadwork. It is very restfull on the eyes, and all the parts show remarkable contrast against it. And it looks good in any models I post.----Brian
            Brian Rupnow

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
              The Italian flag ? White cross on a white background ?

i thought that was the French

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                Lava is kind of cool (!)
                That is cool for a rendering, what do you use for the CAD drawing background?

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow
                  I use a two tone blue background for all of my cadwork. It is very restfull on the eyes, and all the parts show remarkable contrast against it. And it looks good in any models I post.----Brian
                  Brian, yes, that is a nice color scheme, pretty much what Tom S was explaining that he uses. I've tried various shades of the same thing and liked it. Seems to be a very popular scheme. Perhaps because it is as you and Tom S mention, easy on the eyes.

Comment

I don't have any real preference. I work on light, dark and whatever I feel like on any particular day.

For this one I used a light background.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ken, I like your background. It's a lot like the default Rhino3D.

Nice to have a grid, but it has to be pretty faint so as not to be distracting. If its right you can easily see it when you want to and easily ignore it otherwise.

I like the way Rhino highlights the positive side of the axes in whatever view its in to help orient things. Having two higher contrast lines doesn't add much clutter and the orientation is helpful.

Cheers,

BW
                      ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                      Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                      http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Working...
                      X