dro for asian bridgeport clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dro for asian bridgeport clone

I need a dro for my new mill. I have looked at cdco and shars as they are both about the same price. Any one have an opinion if one is better than the other? Mabe another brand? I have seen in some old post that cdco had 5 dec. places and could not be changed. Is this still true or are their newer models now being sold to solve this. Lastly does anyone think the dro for the knee is worth the extra money. TKS

Dro

I have the DRO from cdco the install was easy, BUT my only complaint is the display it reads out to 5 places, talked to Frank at cdco said that there is no way to change it, his suggestion was to put a piece of black tape over the last number.

Comment

I have the shars dro.
      Install was straight forward with plenty of hardware included.
      Install manual is just bad. So is the instruction manual.
      I have the Z on the knee and like it.
      I've had no issues other than the bad manuals.

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!
      People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

Take a look here. Someone posted this site the other day.
        http://dropros.com/

Comment

for what its worth, I bought a Grizzly vertical mill and got their DRO. It is 5 years old now and has been working perfectly. Once you get past the Chinese version of english the instruction book is pretty easy to use.

Comment

Working...
          X