Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jokes & Stories . Keep it clean'ish folks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	bike use.png
Views:	795
Size:	536.4 KB
ID:	1933970
    Location: The Black Forest in Germany

    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

    Comment


    • Click image for larger version

Name:	hearing test!.png
Views:	804
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	1933972
      Location: The Black Forest in Germany

      How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

      Comment


      • When a woman says 'what?' Its not that she didn't hear you, she's just giving you a chance to change what you said!
        Southwest Utah

        Comment


        • Click image for larger version

Name:	weld quality.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1978160

          Mine are usually somewhere in between, but I don't get paid in any case.
          "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
            Dog playing computer games gets frustrated:

            https://twitter.com/AudreyStJames1/s...47503109791747
            Can someone tell the guy behind the chair working that dog puppet to keep their head down, it's poking over the top of the chair
            Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

            Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
            Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
            Monarch 10EE 1942

            Comment


            • I'm not sure this belongs in this section because it happens to me almost every day:
              Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible place in the shop.
              _____________________________________________

              I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
              Oregon Coast

              Comment


              • Only three jokes in the last year...? (sigh) I guess the world has become a more somber place.
                Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

                Comment


                • Political correctness has effectively killed any kind of comedy, it is now called discrimination and hate speech according to the LH side, sad
                  mark

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by boslab View Post
                    Political correctness has effectively killed any kind of comedy, it is now called discrimination and hate speech according to the LH side, sad
                    mark
                    BS.
                    So you NEVER find ANYthing funny anymore?
                    Your statement can only be true if the ONLY things you find humorous are based solely on prejudicial insults (what others find offensive is not something you get to choose - look at what directly insults or offends you and note that someone else finds it hilarious. A little historical knowledge, context and looking at things from someone else's perspective can go a long way).

                    When someone gets hit in the nuts by an errant golf ball, most people laugh, and no one calls it discrimination.
                    I have no trouble at all finding comedy. Heck, your statement made ME laugh (and I am not even 'LH side').
                    Location: North Central Texas

                    Comment


                    • Two men walked into a bar, third man ducked….

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                        I'm not sure this belongs in this section because it happens to me almost every day:
                        Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible place in the shop.
                        That's frequently called 'The Law of Selective Gravitation'

                        Mike

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Joel View Post
                          BS.
                          So you NEVER find ANYthing funny anymore?
                          Your statement can only be true if the ONLY things you find humorous are based solely on prejudicial insults (what others find offensive is not something you get to choose - look at what directly insults or offends you and note that someone else finds it hilarious. A little historical knowledge, context and looking at things from someone else's perspective can go a long way).

                          When someone gets hit in the nuts by an errant golf ball, most people laugh, and no one calls it discrimination.
                          I have no trouble at all finding comedy. Heck, your statement made ME laugh (and I am not even 'LH side').
                          Spot on, Joel.

                          -js
                          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

                          Location: SF Bay Area

                          Comment


                          • Speaking of jokes, been playing ‘what if’ with several canned software packages which are supposed to allow one to do his annual IRS tax dance. Using same data entry for each, for tax year 2021, four popular programs produce wild, different numbers for refunds, or tax due. Anyone here have words of wisdom? G

                            Comment


                            • Guido...get a certified accountant.
                              Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                              Comment


                              • Where does one find FOUR popular IRS tax reporting programs?

                                Seriously, if you have a financial situation that is that complex, you need an accountant who can go to tax court for you.

                                Not seriously:

                                IRS form 1040SS (Super Simple)

                                1) How much did you make? ___________
                                2) How much is left? ___________

                                4) Send it in.
                                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

                                Location: SF East Bay.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X